I am currently taking my driving lessons. I am now 28 and I first gave it a go 10 years ago, but I failed and got to a time where I could not afford to continue taking lessons. Now I have finally worked up the courage to try again, but my anxiety has become a lot stronger in the past years and I didn’t feel it affecting me much at the time I first tried... but I do now.

I am a nervous wreck now, I feel like I am having a hard time concentrating on everything at once and apparently, everything I do is “too hectic”, according to my instructor. I know he is only trying to help, but I feel like his comments are discouraging me more than anything and I now feel panicky before every driving lesson, although it is probably normal at first to struggle a bit (I have now had 3 lessons).

How have you all experienced the driving lessons? Do you have any advice on how I can be calmer while driving (without taking my medicine, which makes me tired)? Because seriously, I just get so nervous I could cry lol.