Thread: Health Anxiety Through the Roof!

Health Anxiety Through the Roof! MS!

I started having numbness and weakness on my left side (arm and leg) about 2 weeks ago. I put it down to lifting my kids on shoulders. Googled my symptoms and everything mentioned MS and I started looking at the symptoms list and convincing myself I had those symptoms at one point in my life.

Booked an appointment with the doctor and they performed basis muscle and nerve checks and said there was nothing serious, more than likely a trapped nerve caused by lifting.

Wasn't convinced so kept googling and kept getting myself in a bind, mentally! Went through this for a week and decided to get another opinion. Different doctor performed pretty much the same tests and said the same, nothing serious. He started asking about anxiety, stress, depression and I mentioned that I was having issues sleeping, panic attacks etc. He has subsequently referred me to a psychologist to talk over my issues.

Weird thing is that my leg numbness and weakness went away that afternoon, GREAT, I thought I would have a decent night sleep, wasn't I wrong. Got twitches every now and again which I woke from and the anxiety started again!

Woke up in the morning and still no numbness or weakness which made me feel good. However was reading an anxiety forum, hoping that would help and someone was talking about MS symptoms which of course set me off again, as I thought I had those symptoms!

I'm writing this as I want to know if this is a common thing for health anxiety, or something more sinister....
    Last edited by robert60392; 19-10-17 at 21:13.

Thread Information