Thread: Just can’t take anxiety anymore

Just can’t take anxiety anymore

I just can’t take having this anxiety anymore. The last four days I’ve been struggling so hard with my anxiety/panic attacks. It has put so much strain on my heart on my mind and it also has put a strain with my friendship with a person that I care about very much. I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t take medication for my anxiety cause I have been on so much antidepressants and was in cymbelta that made me go completely nuts!
    Lately I have been getting upset stomach pain, my chest hurts, been clenching my jaw so much that I get headaches, also I can’t stop thinking about my male friend that I care about so much that I feel like it’s not healthy to be thinking about him this much. There is nothing to worry about him and I, I just miss seeing or talking to him. I have also pulled back cause I want to keep our friendship strong and not ruin something cause of my anxiety and stress.
    I have also been stressed out to the max cause of my work, hardly any shifts and I have bills, rent to pay for and I’m on my own with this all! I need to live too.
    I know it’s my anxiety all this week but I’m not sure what the hell is my issue with me and why I can’t or get my mind of my friend? I feel like how I was when I was teenager and overthinking things and analyzing everything he says to me which is driving me and himself freaking crazy. Is that too anxiety?
    Last edited by Sheilacosby1983; 21-10-17 at 00:44.

Re: Just can’t take anxiety anymore

Hi , I don't have the answers for you but you are not alone in overthinking every detail of your day to a point you feel like you are going nuts , it's two in the morning here can't sleep because my mind is still racing and nightmares when I sleep because it still won't slow down , I get the over analysing what people have said , my mind will go on like a stuck record I keep trying to not think about somthing and it gradually slips back in .
    You should find some help and advice on here god knows there are enough of us .
    Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Hi , I don't have the answers for you but you are not alone in overthinking every detail of your day to a point you feel like you are going nuts , it's two in the morning here can't sleep because my mind is still racing and nightmares when I sleep because it still won't slow down , I get the over analysing what people have said , my mind will go on like a stuck record I keep trying to not think about somthing and it gradually slips back in .
    You should find some help and advice on here god knows there are enough of us .
    Take care
    Thank you Buster. I hope all is well with yourself. I too woke from a dead sleep cause my mind was racing and having a bad dream. As long as I can remember I always couldn’t stop overthinking about things that I couldn’t control or situations that happened to me when I was younger I wished I could of done it better. Take care Buster
    Last edited by Sheilacosby1983; 21-10-17 at 08:14.

Hi Sheila.
    I am so sorry to hear you are in such a mess. I too am on my own with all the responsibility that brings and it can be very difficult when you are feeling on top of the world, feels totally overwhelming at times when you are not. Going over and over and over things is as you know part of the anxiety cycle and its very difficult to stop that, one moment you feel like you have reached a good decision and the next are questioning it and looking for another solution. It drive us up the wall .
    I think you need to be taking something to help you calm down , but also I am a firm believer that along with medication we need to be doing our best to help ourselves too. I feel that a big part of our recovery is in our own hands, but we need to understand what anxiety and depression is in order to begin to move away from it, in the right way.
    I have self help books by Dr Claire Weekes, and the one titled self help for your nerves has helped me out of the panic/ anxiety cycle many times. I also have a CD of relaxation and breathing exercises which work wonders even when in a really bad state, but you have to keep practicing the techniques and reading Dr Weekes ,over and over again as its hard to retain information when you are feeling so bad. With the books I pick whatever passages are important to me and whatever suffering I am going through and I either book mark the pages or print them out in big letters and stick them somewhere easily seen so I can keep referring to them.
    I hope your friend sticks by you, and that you get help soon and begin the road to recovery.
    Good luck

Thread Information