Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still worried about brain tumour because of depersonalization from panic attack

Re: Why won't it go away?

It takes a long time - I had mine years as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    It takes a long time - I had mine years as well.
    Really? That makes me feel a little better, how did it feel when it went away?

I didn't just wake up one day and it was gone - it was gradual and then I noticed I didn't have it any more.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I didn't just wake up one day and it was gone - it was gradual and then I noticed I didn't have it any more.
    Okay thank you, it's just a very scary symptom

Oh yes I used to hate it cos I told people I was looking at my life from the outside and it wasn't real so I completely understand how bad it is.

Oh yes I used to hate it cos I told people I was looking at my life from the outside and it wasn't real so I completely understand how bad it is.
    For me it feels like I'm on auto pilot like I'm not in control

Brad, mine is pretty bad, too. It's been bad all day today, in fact. :(

Re: Still worried about brain tumour because of depersonalization from panic attack

Step 7: Observe the breath

Bring your attention to your breathing. Don’t make any effort to change it, just observe the rising and falling sensation that it creates in your body. Notice where these sensations occur – be it your belly, your chest, your shoulders, or anywhere else. For a few moments, focus on the quality of each breath, noting whether it’s deep or shallow, long or short, fast or slow. Begin silently counting the breaths: 1 as you inhale, 2 as you exhale, 3 on the next inhalation, and so on, up to 10. Then start again at 1. While doing this, it’s completely normal for thoughts to bubble up. You don’t need to “do” anything – just guide your attention back to the breath when you realise the mind has wandered off. If you can remember the number you’d counted up to, start again from there, or simply start from 1 again.

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    Brad, mine is pretty bad, too. It's been bad all day today, in fact. :(
    I have it all the time :(

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Step 7: Observe the breath

Bring your attention to your breathing. Don’t make any effort to change it, just observe the rising and falling sensation that it creates in your body. Notice where these sensations occur – be it your belly, your chest, your shoulders, or anywhere else. For a few moments, focus on the quality of each breath, noting whether it’s deep or shallow, long or short, fast or slow. Begin silently counting the breaths: 1 as you inhale, 2 as you exhale, 3 on the next inhalation, and so on, up to 10. Then start again at 1. While doing this, it’s completely normal for thoughts to bubble up. You don’t need to “do” anything – just guide your attention back to the breath when you realise the mind has wandered off. If you can remember the number you’d counted up to, start again from there, or simply start from 1 again.
    Thank you, I'm still scared it's a brain tumour even though the neurolgist didn't even want to get an MRI :(

Re: Still worried about brain tumour because of depersonalization from panic attack

Brad, do you wake up with it? Is it really 24/7 or do you get moments of relief from it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information