Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: worried about schizophrenia

Re: worried about schizophrenia

You need to stop reading online if all it is doing is fueling your irrational fears. You had a psychologist tell you that you aren't schizophrenic. For "normal" people, this would be enough. For you, it's not. That's because your OCD brain won't let go of it. That should signal to you that OCD is your problem, and that's what you need to focus your attention on.

Quote Originally Posted by dondee View Post
    whats the difference between mind pops and mind chatter? because my stuffsi n my head seems pretty frequent.
    Mind Pops are just seeing a trigger and retrieving memory-based information to the conscious. For instance, you are reading a page in an article and there is a word in there that links to a memory and subconscious makes that connection and retrieves the memory.

Mind chatter is perhaps more just a busy mind? This can be because of neurotransmitters causing too much activation but the brain balances that out. And our internal focus tends to realise the mind is busy when it was just as busy before the anxiety.

As for reassurance, it's part of the cycle. It's a compulsion to the obsession. It will only embed the obsession further. Stopping compulsions is part of OCD recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Mind Pops are just seeing a trigger and retrieving memory-based information to the conscious. For instance, you are reading a page in an article and there is a word in there that links to a memory and subconscious makes that connection and retrieves the memory.

Mind chatter is perhaps more just a busy mind? This can be because of neurotransmitters causing too much activation but the brain balances that out. And our internal focus tends to realise the mind is busy when it was just as busy before the anxiety.

As for reassurance, it's part of the cycle. It's a compulsion to the obsession. It will only embed the obsession further. Stopping compulsions is part of OCD recovery.
    well i dont got mind pops then, i got full sentences etc in my head very frequently for example when im trying to sleep? is that mind chatter then? or what is that?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information