Thread: i need to vent

Unhappy i need to vent

I have never felt so unwelcome and worthless in my entire life. It's not about what others think of me, it's about what I think of myself. Depression is hell, makes you see yourself as a monster, I feel like this most of the time. I wanted to be important to someone, especial to someone, the kind of person that if you are having a bad day you think : it's with her that I want to talk / vent.But instead, all I feel is that I am stupid, boring, clingy. I have so many plans, so many things that I want to do, and I'm happy when, for some minutes/hours, I come out of this nightmare that is my mind. I will not give up on myself and not give up my goals, but only my thoughts know how often I want to disappear.

Re: i need to vent

The very best advice my dr gave me was to get out of the house and do something for someone else.

Have you ever considered volunteering your time to a needy cause?

Re: i need to vent

Hi Libra, I'm really sorry you are feeling like this. It sounds like you are really quite critical of yourself. I do agree with the above poster, sometimes getting out and volunteering can help get you out of your own head and feeling a little better about yourself. You might even make some new friends. But keep your goals in mind. Think about even a tiny step you could take to get there. It doesn't have to be something monumental. One tiny step at a time.

Thread Information