Thread: Having specs of blood in spit

Having specs of blood in spit

I was brushing my teeth and my spit was slightly yellow so when I spat over and over again there were slight specs of red in the spit. This concerned me a little, I'm thinking that there was so little blood that it's not something concerning but I do feel some worry.Can anyone relate?

Re: Having specs of blood in spit

I highly doubt it's anything to worry about.

Question though... why did you keep spitting over and over?

You've probably just knicked your gums when brushing.

If it keeps happening look at whether you are brushing too hard or if there are any signs of gum disease.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    I highly doubt it's anything to worry about.

Question though... why did you keep spitting over and over?
    Because the spit was slightly discoloured and I wondered where exactly it was coming from. It was definitely not my gums and was most definitely coming from a phlegmy substance down the back of my throat.

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You've probably just knicked your gums when brushing.

If it keeps happening look at whether you are brushing too hard or if there are any signs of gum disease.
    It definitely was not my gums but honestly I'm not that worried anymore, it was only a few specs and I remember reading a lot time ago it could be a bursted blood vessel or something. Idk.

Yeah, that's very possible. It's common with things like colds with all the irritation.

Unless it's lots of blood I would just see if as a blood vessel being scratched or irritated. It will likely quickly sort itself out.

I remember Carnation had the same issue a while back and hers sorted itself out.

Glad to hear it's not upsetting you and you have rationalised it.

Thread Information