Thread: Woke up and couldn’t remember anything?

Woke up and couldn’t remember anything?

So last night I was trying to get to sleep, I think I had a bad dream of something because the next thing I remember is I was on my side instead of my back and I suddenly saw a image of snakes in my head. I freaked out and then realised I couldn’t remember what day or time it was. A few moments later I remembered and I checked the time and only half an hour had past since I got into bed. I was really freaked out I lost my memory’s is this normal ?

Re: Woke up and couldn’t remember anything?

Oh my lord, I've had this but way way worse, I had insomnia for about 20 seconds. I couldn't remember who I was, if I were a boy or a girl, whose house I was in - it was the weirdest thing I'd ever experienced, I think I woke up too fast or something, anyway that was 10 years ago.... I think it can kinda normal ha ha

Waking within two hours of sleep fits into Hypnagogia so hallucinations are common and just how the brain works so nothing to be concerned about.

Since having anxiety I have often found waking from lucid dreams mean I'm in an anxious state and have similiar issues with wndering where I am or what day it is, etc. But I think it's just a matter of not expecting the mind to be 00% bang on when you wake from something, it takes time to "boot up" just as it does if someone elbows you awake from a deep sleep.

It’s happened to me as well. It’s pretty unsettling but definitely normal. It’s just that you’re still “half asleep” and it takes a few moments for the confusion to pass.

That used to happen too me after a night out on the booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola-Lee View Post
    That used to happen too me after a night out on the booze.
    Well I couldn't possibly comment on waking up and turning over to find myself puzzled about the name of the person lying next to me

I feel I've missed out on this My name is Terry, but I plan on making up for a misspent youth!!

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    I feel I've missed out on this My name is Terry, but I plan on making up for a misspent youth!!
    Go Tan!!!

Go for it Tan,it may help take your mind off all the fears of what diseases you may think you have.

Thread Information