Thread: Heart panic - help!

Heart panic - help!

I've had the heart beating fast happen again!
    It happened under exactly the same circumstances as the last two times. I went to the toilet at about 4:30am. Came back to bed and I was trying to go back to sleep on my right side (every other time it's been my left) and I did feel quite nauseous but I normally do in the night because of acid reflux. Anyway I felt a bit uneasy and then started to get hot and sweaty despite the cold room, I got a rush of heat over me. Then sat up in bed as I knew it was 'coming' and tried to stop it, but it wasn't to be and the heart started going fast again. I took my pulse using my oximeter and it was 150bpm. I layed down as I'm used to the pattern now and it slowly went down as I watched it on the monitor, to 130, 120, 110, 100 and finally about 85.

I don't know what's going on, it never happens during the day and I never wake up from sleep with it or under any other circumstances other than that I mentioned above about going to the toilet in the night, coming back and it starts after a few minutes of lying down.

- Emily Brontë

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Re: Heart panic - help!

Not sure if this will help , but while I was off with illness from work I experienced anxiety along with symptoms of anxiety I’d never had before including my heart beating very fast and acid reflux this scared me too , my doctor put me on beta blockers and these have helped me I’m not sure of your on these ?
    Sounds like your having panic attacks at night I’d stop using your monitor too that will increase your anxiety , I understand the panic your having though with your heart , talk to your doctor about beta blockers just for short term use they really help .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information