Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to be a part of this experiment with me?

Anyone want to be a part of this experiment with me?

This is the deal.
    For one week we are NOT allowed to GOOGLE any symptoms.
    For one week say 'do your worst' when the anxiety comes and smile as we say it.
    For ONE week we meditate every day, we find a moment of calm before bed or upon waking and spend 10 minutes on our breathing and being clam
    For one week we are NOT allowed coffee (ouch)
    For one week we MUST exercise every day for 30 minutes.
    For one week we MUST drink 8 glasses of water everyday.
    For one week we must stop eating as much sugar.

That's all...

Starting today - Monday in New Zealand .... I will start now with all of the above, I will come on here every single day to say how I am doing so and how I feel and I want someone else to do it with me, or lots of others to do it with me.
    When you feel the URGE to google come here, we are different time zones but I'll do my best to stop you and like wise.

Right now my anxiety is at an all-time high, I've spent the whole day wasting my time on google reading about muscle twitches, my body is in hyper twitch, I can feel every single muscle spasming away, and I'M OVER IT.

I can't do this anymore so this week ... I will do something DIFFERENT.

Whose in?!

---------- Post added at 05:38 ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 ----------

I just cleared my cache and my history.... that's a good start.

Re: Anyone want to be a part of this experiment with me?

It will help you. It helped me it may not completely relieve your twitching but it will help you realize that you are healthy and the twitching is benign. I only drink coffee when it's an emergency because it does amplify my twitching. I workout 5 days a week and it has really helped change my life. I use the < your weight> ÷ 2 = the ounces of water one drinks method . I try to avoid sugar unless it's from fruit as much as possible. I still twitch but I feel great. You can do it ! Keep up the good work and make it a habit. Take the ocd thoughts and actions and turn them into something positive.

Thank you! I really want to ask you about your twitching but I wont ... I wont I"ll just forget about mine and keep going. So hard to NOT google.
    I was just about to google 'how long do you need to take magnesium till twitching stops.' - but I didn't ... it's still googling for an ailment.
    So good first 5 minutes into my plan I reckon!

** whispers - (I'm going to ask you about your twitching after the week is over)

Lmao it's best to accept them and try to condition your brain to not fear them. I take Magnesium, I really don't take it for twitching though, I'm on a diet and it's recommended.

This is harder than I thought, my big toe just twitched, it's never twitched before, almost felt like a cramp twitch, back to the ALS I go - freaking out but have NOT googled.. but automatically ran to my computer to start googling!!!!! Came here instead, I may be alone in doing this, potentially, but you'll all hear about my moaning
    Thanks, Nivekc251 x

Don't use here as a replacement for Google though? You are still tuned into your twitching and there are plenty of twitchers on here so plenty of scope for reading their stories along with their fears etc etc.

Why not get away from anxiety forums and give your brain a break?

Being here and doing it this way means I have responsibility as I said I'd do it - so you guys are my barometer ha ha x

Sorry tan,but I can't go without my cuppacino's in the morning I also like my sugar hit.

Hope this works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    This is the deal.
    For one week we are NOT allowed to GOOGLE any symptoms.
    For one week say 'do your worst' when the anxiety comes and smile as we say it.
    For ONE week we meditate every day, we find a moment of calm before bed or upon waking and spend 10 minutes on our breathing and being clam
    For one week we are NOT allowed coffee (ouch)
    For one week we MUST exercise every day for 30 minutes.
    For one week we MUST drink 8 glasses of water everyday.
    For one week we must stop eating as much sugar.

That's all...
    That's all? While I think that is a noble and positive list, it's perhaps too challenging for most. Just not Googling (at all) is a monumental feat for a HA sufferer! Why not tackle one at a time so you don't disappoint yourself should you falter.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

This is wonderful! I am super excited for you and can't wait to see the progress. You are going to do great!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information