Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal body tremors

Re: Does stress and anxiety have a big effect on the nervous system

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    It has a massive, massive effect on the nervous system. Trembling, shaking and jolts are very common.
    for 2 months solid from the moment you wake up to the minute you go sleep? My docs sre convinced its stress related and there the pro’s but i just arnt so sure.thanks for the response

In August of last year, my wife took terribly ill and spent over two months in the hospital. It was touch and go for a couple for weeks during that time. To say I was under a lot of stress is an understatement.

I don't suffer with anxiety but I can tell you with 100% certainty that stress causes all sorts of physical and nervous system symptoms. From muscle twitching to loss of appetite to headaches to lack of sleep, you name it I had it.

It persisted for several months even after she came home. From reading here, I knew without a doubt that what I was experiencing were the physical ramifications of stress. Like I say often about anxiety....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.
    And yes, the symptoms eventually waned as she recovered.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes it does. Big time!

Quote Originally Posted by Potter86 View Post
    for 2 months solid from the moment you wake up to the minute you go sleep?
    Absolutely 100% yes, it can.

Think about it, have you heard the phrase 'stress can kill'? If it can kill you, then it can make you feel like crap, easily.

The trick, is to let the stress and anxiety pass over you. Let it happen. Then it gets a lot easier and eventually fades away.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Absolutely 100% yes, it can.

Think about it, have you heard the phrase 'stress can kill'? If it can kill you, then it can make you feel like crap, easily.

The trick, is to let the stress and anxiety pass over you. Let it happen. Then it gets a lot easier and eventually fades away.
    thanks for the advice i hope your right just a massive struggle at the minute

Is anyones health anxiety worse at night?

Mine is at its worst at night when im lying in bed and turn the tv off and its quiet,my body starts to jump,muscles begin to twitch and stomache starts to make all sorts of sounds id say night is the worst time fot me!!!

Re: Is anyones health anxiety worse at night?

Me too :( I dread going to bed. I worry about every stomach sound and sounds around me.

I totally get that. I go to bed and I hear my heart beating fast and then I get aches and pains and I get really edgy. I only get about 5 hours sleep a night and that is after I take a diazepam

Unhappy Re: Is anyones health anxiety worse at night?

Sleeping in silence is the worst, I have no idea how people do it. I can relate to all of those things, you hear every little thing your body does. I sleep with a fan running every night. It's torture to sleep in silence, I don't sleep at all if I ever have too which is rare cause I always bring one when I go away. I have done it because of my parents since I was little. Now with the newer health anxiety I can't imagine how bad it would be without. The best thing about a fan is it's a constant, consistent noise, any irregular noise and I'm up all night.

I am the opposite. I look forward to the escape sleep provides. It's waking up I hate, when the thoughts come rushing back in, and the panic rises, and the dry-retching kicks in

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information