Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Maybe the first person here to correctly diagnose myself

Re: Maybe the first person here to correctly diagnose myself

When will you get the results? I know how terrifying waiting for results can be but It could still be anxiety or 101 other things. Once you know you will have a plan moving forwards. thinking of you

Thank you so much everyone

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by susie1 View Post
    When will you get the results? I know how terrifying waiting for results can be but It could still be anxiety or 101 other things. Once you know you will have a plan moving forwards. thinking of you
    hopefully on friday! Hope it's something that can be fixed

Got my results. One tiny area of abnormal signal which has worried me but the doctor said it's fine. I suppose I should listen.

That's an amazing result compared to what you were expecting. I hope you are going to have an awesome Christmas this year xxx

I'm really upset actually, the area where the spot was found corresponds exactly to where I'm having symptoms. I don't know why he never made the connection

I find it odd that doctors were telling that you might have the worst form of MS and they have now decided you are in fact fine. It’s concerning that there are doctors practicing medicine who have such bad bed side manners. They are actually verging on negligent in my opinion. Awful.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Have a wonderful Christmas! You must be so happy.

No i'm really not happy sorry guys, my MRI report says abnormal signal in the right corona radiata - the radiographer said this is probably not a stroke??? My whole right side is weak. My stepmum works in a hospital and she's asked her friend who is a professor of neurology to read my report as the high signal area corresponds with where i'm having symptoms on my body. Maybe I'm just having a silent migraine? I've heard they can cause stroke-like symptoms and show up on MRIs

Migraines definitely show on MRIs. Did the doctor not interpret the results for you? My friend had something similar show up on an MRI and his Dr told him that many people will actually have a slightly abnormal result but the neurologist can read it and tell you whether it's actually anything to worry about or not.

Its good news. Mri is brilliant but it can throw up all sorts of "wonder what this is". 16 yrs ago a brain mri with me showed what they thoight was the demylienation of ms. Was told i might develop ms. Had to have repeat scans every 2 years for 10yrs and nothing ever changed. Then they said that loads of people have what looks like ms but isnt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    Its good news. Mri is brilliant but it can throw up all sorts of "wonder what this is". 16 yrs ago a brain mri with me showed what they thoight was the demylienation of ms. Was told i might develop ms. Had to have repeat scans every 2 years for 10yrs and nothing ever changed. Then they said that loads of people have what looks like ms but isnt!!!
    That is identical to what happened to my friend. He was told he had a patch of demylination and may develop MS but has since been told it's just 'one of those things'.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information