Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Definitely Brain Cancer

Re: Continuing Brain Tumor Fears + Now Fatigued

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    The fatigue went away so that must have been a temporary thing.

However, last night I had another "episode". I was sitting in bed on my laptop when I felt something "twitch" or "shift" in the back of my brain and then I was dizzy for about 1 second and then back to normal like nothing happened... :( I'm so scared.
    How does one get dizzy for one second? Seriously, how can you even call it dizziness when it lasts for.....

In fact, what am I doing? You don't care what I say, you don't care what anyone says.

Go to your doctor.

I don't know how someone feels dizzy for 1 second, but that is what is happening.

I will have times where I feel slightly off balance when turning my head and stuff since this started as well. Along with the 1-2 second episodes I get where I have a stronger genuine dizzy / vertigo feeling.

I've had those quick dizzy spells.

If you've had brain zaps, you've probably had them too.

They happen with anxiety, members on here get them. That's a good sign when some of us aren't even HAers that experience them.

They can feel weird & unpleasant but I've found they are more at times of higher anxiety levels. Bring those levels down and you may not experience them.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I've had those quick dizzy spells.

If you've had brain zaps, you've probably had them too.

They happen with anxiety, members on here get them. That's a good sign when some of us aren't even HAers that experience them.

They can feel weird & unpleasant but I've found they are more at times of higher anxiety levels. Bring those levels down and you may not experience them.
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I can't really tell if they are zaps or not. It seems like everyone describes zaps as slightly different so I'm not sure what to make of them. I wouldn't say there is any "electrical" feeling or "surge" it's more like a shifting and then 1-2 seconds of vertigo / dizziness.

Go see a doctor, he will give you an MRI.

I'm my saying it's zaps that's just one example of when I've experienced them because the question had become whether you could feel such such a brief spell.

I've had zaps when withdrawing from Citalopram and it was like a guitar string in my head going TWANG. Then some momentary dizziness.

I've had them in other scenarios like getting to the top of the stairs. Some have them when getting up.

But my point was that whilst they can be experienced, I've only ever had them as part of my anxiety. And other sufferers on here have said the same. So, this gives you something to hang onto rather than the typical HA worries.

So, if we can get them with zaps from withdrawal, a time when our Serotonin levels are adjusting, perhaps there Is a Serotonin link? It's not something I've ever looked into. There are various neurotransmitters affected in anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
    Go see a doctor, he will give you an MRI.
    I'm just too scared to do that right now. I know that sounds crazy but to me going to the doctor for an MRI is acknowledging I very well could have a brain tumor, and I just can't bring myself to do that right now. :(

I'm mainly curious if brain tumors even manifest in this way. With sporadic periods of 1 second dizziness that may only occur once a day or once every few days.

It has been about a month since these started.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    I'm just too scared to do that right now. I know that sounds crazy but to me going to the doctor for an MRI is acknowledging I very well could have a brain tumor, and I just can't bring myself to do that right now. :(

I'm mainly curious if brain tumors even manifest in this way. With sporadic periods of 1 second dizziness that may only occur once a day or once every few days.

It has been about a month since these started.
    I reckon I've answered that question from you on at least 5 occasions now.

Dizziness caused by a brain tumour would be caused by the tumour putting pressure on the region of your brain that controls balance and co-ordination. The tumour would exert pressure on this region causing disruption of the electrical impulses that area receives and communicates.

Now, common sense tells you that a tumour is a rigid mass. If the symptom is caused by a rigid mass exerting a pressure on a particular region of the brain, do you think that would cause symptoms that only last for one second? Of course not.

The symptoms would of course be unrelenting, and as the tumour grows and puts more pressure onto the brain, the symptoms become progressively worse. Try to realise that brain tumours aren't in any way subtle.

Dizziness isn't even a top 5 symptom of brain tumor

Thanks for the help all. Sorry I can be such a pain :/

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information