Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Definitely Brain Cancer

Re: Strange Shooting Pain In Ear

Some things don't change here, huh?

Get some help, Darkside.

Just trying to find out if anyone has had similar symptoms.

Why can’t it just be a pain? Why does it always have to be cancerous with you?

Because this is a hypochondria board and I'm a hypochondriac?

I'm mainly wondering if anyone else has had similar symptoms and what it turned out to be if so.

Having a bit of occasional earache for a few seconds?

Probably every human being in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by robinhall View Post
    I know this is a sticky - but I'm wondering how many people actually read the stickies since there are quite a lot of them and after a while people just go straight to the posts? I could be wrong?

Hi Everyone

Please check out the following website for excellent FREE ebooks on health Anxiety - I have copied and pasted the info and links from the actual website

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/reso...cfm?Info_ID=53

You all know by now that reassurance doesn't work for long and that the best thing to do is fully understand Health Anxiety.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE at least download these modules and read them - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain :-)

When you click on a link for the books I think it downloads the PDF straight to your computer - so you need to check your downloads folder

Helping Health Anxiety
    Overcoming Health Anxiety: This InfoPax is designed to provide you with some information about health anxiety, including how it develops, how it is maintained, and how to decrease your health worries and concerns. It is organised into modules that are designed to be worked through in sequence. We recommend that you complete one module before going on to the next. Each module includes information, worksheets, and suggested exercises or activities. Modules:

• Module 1: Understanding Health Anxiety
      This module provides an overview of what health anxiety is, how it can be a problem, and what kind of impact it can have on a person's life. PDF document: 272kb. Updated 15 September 2011.

• Module 5: Re-evaluating Unhelpful Health Related Thinking
      This module explores how your thoughts can influence your feelings, physiological state, and behaviours. This module then discusses ways to evaluate and overcome unhelpful health related thinking. PDF document: 251kb. Updated 15 September 2011.

• Module 6: Reducing Checking and Reassurance Seeking
      This module explores the different ways people check and seek reassurance regarding their health concerns, discusses the difference between helpful and unhelpful checking and reassurance seeking, and introduces strategies to reduce or eliminate these behaviours. PDF document: 309kb. Updated 15 September 2011.

• Module 7: Challenging Avoidance and Safety Behaviours
      This module explores how avoidance and safety behaviours can keep health anxiety going, and introduces a strategy to gradually reduce and overcome these behaviours. PDF document: 259kb. Updated 15 September 2011.

• Module 8: Adjusting Health Rules and Assumptions
      In this module we will focus on challenging the unhelpful rules and assumptions that can keep you caught in the vicious cycle of health anxiety. PDF document: 195kb. Updated 15 September 2011.

Module 9: Healthy Living and Self Management Planning
    This final module brings all the concepts of this information package together, presents a new model for healthy living, and includes a self-management plan to help you to stay on track in the future. PDF document: 234kb. Updated 15 September 2011.
    What do you have to lose

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Because this is a hypochondria board and I'm a hypochondriac?

I'm mainly wondering if anyone else has had similar symptoms and what it turned out to be if so.
    If you're aware and admit that you're a "hypochondriac", then you're also aware that you have an anxiety disorder. So why don't you do something about it?

It would also address your second point: ie, you're questioning normal and benign "symptoms" due to your anxiety disorder.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Blocked ear from ear wax maybe? I've had pain when my ear is blocked

I get that shooting pain in my ear every now and then too. Unfortunately I’m prone to heavy wax buildup in my ears. So once I do the ear cleaning thing I typically don’t notice it happen again for awhile.

Not to worry If the pain becomes constant I’d go see a doc only because that would point towards fluid / ear infection, which usually requires antibiotics to treat. Highly doubt it’s anything serious though!!

Sorry Brian I read the thread wrong.
    I thought it said. Strange Shooting pain in the Rear. I must get my eyes checked.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread Information