Thread: Always thirsty

Always thirsty

This has been going on for a few years now. Every once in a while, I randomly get unbearably, painfully thirsty for a few days at a time. It is so awful and uncomfortable and when it happens there is nothing I can do. Drinking water just seems to make it worse. I go and get tested for diabetes every time this happens (because it runs in my family) and they always tell me that I'm not at all diabetic and everything is fine. This is day 4, I think the longest this sensation has ever lasted and it's so horrible. I have trouble remembering to drink water as often as I probably should, but I do try to (but when its making it worse it's hard to keep it up). My urine is pretty much clear so I don't think it's dehydration but I'm not a doctor. I'm 22, overweight (losing it), former smoker, don't drink alcohol ever, vegan, and I work out pretty much every day. I'm pretty healthy despite my weight and anxiety problems. This sensation seems to go away when I eat, but comes back almost immediately after. I have had a very dry mouth, and it has been really cold here for the last few days so maybe that has something to do with it? This only seems to happen to me during the colder seasons. I'm kinda freaking out because I'm supposed to get my wisdom teeth out the day after tomorrow, I've never had surgery before, and if something is wrong with me I don't want to be put under if it could be dangerous. Someone please tell me what they think this, thanks!

Re: Always thirsty

I used to have this until somebody pointed out I was breathing through my mouth most of the time. Once I consciously started breathing through my nose, the 'thirst' went away. It wasn't even really thirst, just a dry mouth.

Thread Information