Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Increased anxiety with upping dosage

Increased anxiety with upping dosage

I should know this by now. I think i'm a pro at switching medications :( How long did it take you to get over the increase in anxiety after upping the dosage? I'm trying not to think about it. I'm sure the holidays are also getting to me- especially with the pressure of gift buying.

Re: Increased anxiety with upping dosage

For me I find the side effects kick in around day 4 and start to ease off around the two week mark or just before. Everyone is different though Hun. I only increased this morning so I'm expecting it around Friday/Saturday. Do you have anything to help you through?

I'm currently going through the same thing. I'm barely functional at work from how much I panic on a daily basis. It's truly horrible. :(

Let's keep hanging in there and hope that Christmas brings us some relief.

I'm the same, i'm here at work but cant really say i'm functional, today is quite bad and i'm contemplating a diazepam.

I took half a Clonazepam to get me through the afternoon's meeting at work. :( It worked well, though, and helped calm me down.

Yes, I do have clonazepam(which I have been taking). Just wonder when I'll start feeling better. It's only been 5 days on a therapeutic dose. I'm sure it will take at least a month or so, if not longer to get any benefit from this med. I hope you all feel better soon!

I'm at 5 weeks of the therapeutic dose and I have even more anxiety. Is this normal? Isn't this when it should working?

I'm long past 5 weeks, and I still have lots of anxiety too. :( My therapist suggested lowering the dose, but I'm afraid to fiddle with the medication so much. Have you spoken to your doctor?

Yes, I spoke with the doctor last night and she is lowering the dose- going from 50MG to 25 mg. I cannot handle being so anxious and having so much energy. Today is my first day taking the 25, and I already feel tired. I'm hoping I won't feel too many withdrawl symptoms. I've read too many horror stories. I should just see how my body reacts. I do have Klonopin and Xanax, in case I need it during the lowering of my dosage. For me, I just could not handle the 50MG. Let's see how the 25MG pans out. I'm sure my brain is going to either be happy with my lowering the dose, or totally out of wack by doing this. It's not like i'm stopping completely, so we'll see. Keep me posted on your progress!

Wow, I'm on 187,5 MG!
    My therapist did mention the over-stimulation of a chemical (I can't name ), so I suppose that's what's happening to you. I'm seeing my therapist on Tuesday, so I'll let you know. I think you'll be just fine, you know. It's a low dosage you're on, and don't listen to horror stories!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information