Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood in urine- bladder cancer

Re: Blood in urine- bladder cancer

Thank you. I was not aware that that is how those strips work. I know you're right there isn't anything I can do but try to relax and call tomorrow. It just sucks that I have to make this call and my daughter will be with me.

Yes waiting for answers deff does suck... Just trust that everything will be okay

Quote Originally Posted by girlgryphon View Post
    This is so common. It happens to my mom all the time. It is almost certainly a UTI.
    But I had had uti s before and they never were like this. Why would my body suddenly behave totally different with a uti? I've never had blood I always had the burning.....And i am a former smoker too so there is the cause.

---------- Post added at 08:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 ----------

Also, I know I should calm down but you all know what this is like. Dreading the calls and the missing work and every single thing. I have never been this scared in all my history with HA. I'm so worried about my daughter if something should come of this.

Well, if you do have blood in urine it is a red flag symptom you need to vcheck out ASAP. It is not nescsarily bladder cancer, in most cases it is not but this is a symptom you need to be better safe than sorry about.
    If it is reassuring, let me first point out that BC predominantely affects older men, over 65, that it is fortunately one of those cancer with a predominantely high survival rate; the vast majority survives and the treatment is one of the easier in the cancer segment. A close member of my family had it and is alive and well today. Now, blood in urine could as many here write be many thing, but go check it out and we all hope for the best.

Let me again reassure you that I foind it very very unlikely you have bladder cancer, it is probably something else but again - better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by paranoid-viking; 26-12-17 at 21:32.

I am definitely on top of this and will have further testing. I just called the office again and they said the results are in but they'll have the doctor or her nurse contact me to read them to me. Now my heart rate is steadily quickened. I am afraid. Waiting for this call is for sure tough to say the least.

Just wondering if the doctor or nurse had a chance to call you back with the results of your culture?

No they have not. I did not call first thing today because my daughter was with me now she’s at a friends house but I am at work. I will call at 4 pm. Just a nightmare. And now I feel ever single little thing so I’m envisioning a huge meas with this all... like has it already spread.....

Trace blood showed up in my urine last year. I too panicked - but after going to ultra sound and a cystoscope at the urologist it turns out this is normal for me.

No cancer, no horrid disease.
    I suspect it will be the same for you too

When I had a uti there was virtually no bacteria but there was some. She said it was the earliest caught uti she had seen (she had to send it off to because she wanted a thorough test done because of how small the amount of bacteria was) So just because there is only a small amount doesn't mean there is no infection.

Hi. Did you get your results?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information