Thread: Constant morning headaches, so scared of tumor

Unhappy Constant morning headaches, so scared of tumor

Having a really hard time. For the past couple of weeks almost every day I have been waking up with a headache that goes away within 15-30 min without any pain relievers.. Then I'm fine. I was diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea and lo and behold the "classic" headache for OSA is one that disappears within half an hour, so it fits. I also got a ct scan (without contrast) oh my head in may if this year, but that was forever ago and like I said without contrast :(

I'm just so scared. I keep trying to tell myself if it were something bad it wouldn't go away that fast by itself and my husband completely agreees and thinks I'm being ridiculous. I made an apt of course. I'm just a wreck ;(

Re: Constant morning headaches, so scared of tumor

May is not forever ago and when it comes to cat scans you really dont want to get them to close together.

They can see plenty in scans without contrast... Contrast enhances the images but they can still things without it, perhaps they would need contrast if they find something to properly identify it but if you had a big enough tumor to cause symptoms they would be able to see it without the use of contrast or at least this is what a few different doctors have told me anyway..

I just know morning headaches are supposedly the bad kind :( I'm just so sick of this.

That's not entirely true. There are tons of people that get morning headaches and they do not have brain tumors... Try to stay away from googling your symptoms because it will do nothing but cause you unnecessary worry. My younger brother has 2 very very rare brain tumors, so rare in fact that he is in the Guinness Book Of World Medical Records.. He was diagnosed when he was 5 years old. He is 32 now, still has them as they are inoperable and while he does get headaches here and there he rarely wakes up with one. I on the other hand get far more headaches then he does and often do wake up with them especially if its one of my tension headaches...

I know its hard but try and take comfort in the fact that you had a clear cat scan in May and that if you had a tumor they would have seen it... Do you suffer from headaches often? If you do perhaps you can get an appointment with a neurologist and they can work out a plan to try and prevent them....

Hi Stephenie,nothing worse than waking with a headache, I found out it was my pillows that was giving my headaches so have new ones now and after 2 days no more morning headaches and stiff neck.

You really wouldn't worry about it being a braint tumor since I had a ct less than 9 months ago?

It's most likely your sinuses. Pressure builds up in your head as you sleep and your sinuses fill up...then when you wake up and they drain some and the fluid evens out, your headache goes away.

I used to get bad morning headaches in 2012. Still do from time to time.
    I suspected sinus problems, but nothing seemed to resolve it. Then found out a while after that i clenched my teeth while sleeping, putting pressure on my jaw and the nerves around there connect all over your head. So i was suffering from bad headaches almost every morning for about 6 minths.

Thread Information