Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Scared out my wits hallucination

Re: Scared out my wits hallucination

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Sort of par for the course with HA..A shame but there's almost a desire to maintain the inner torment and doubt.
    Yep... a long history of it I'm afraid

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

And there we go. Doubting the professionals diagnosis

Professional yeah but not always correct in some cases. I’m hoping I never see what I saw again. Because if I did I’m going to have a break down

You're walking a dangerous path here. The minute you start doubting, as you correctly put it, professionals, the worse this spiral is going to be. You can't go through life thinking you're going to be one of these special cases.

Visual disturbances happen all the time even in people who don't have mental health problems. Our eyes deceive us sometimes and there's no explanation for it.

Some days my anxiety is that bad, I walk around with what looks like a permanent fog in my vision.

When I was 17, I went camping. I spent so long looking at a burning campfire that when I went home, I could see smoke coming off my bed and thought I was losing it. Turns out it's just one of those tricks of the mind.

Some things can't be explained, it doesn't mean you're crazy and it doesn't mean you have a brain tumour.

Pregabalin 300mg

Quote Originally Posted by Mindprison View Post
    When I was 17, I went camping. I spent so long looking at a burning campfire that when I went home, I could see smoke coming off my bed and thought I was losing it. Turns out it's just one of those tricks of the mind.

Some things can't be explained, it doesn't mean you're crazy and it doesn't mean you have a brain tumour.
    I smiled at that as I... hmmmm... how shall I put this... When I was around 17-18 years old I did the same thing often as I love the outdoors. I also enjoyed the recreational use of certain substances that greatly enhanced the experience Some of the "tricks of the mind" were pretty intense!

Suffice it to say, things like that are happening to us all the time, we're just tuned out to it. Every once in a while one of those tricks of the mind will catch our attention and for most people, it would be like "that was weird" and at worst and they'd carry on with what they were doing. A HA sufferer grabs onto that with both hands! That's like an ice cream sundae for the dragon, and that's the case here IMO.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 11-01-18 at 23:26.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I smiled at that as I... hmmmm... how shall I put this... When I was around 17-18 years old I did the same thing often as I love the outdoors. I also enjoyed the recreational use of certain substances that greatly enhanced the experience Some of the "tricks of the mind" were pretty intense!

Suffice it to say, things like that are happening to us all the time, we're just tuned out to it. Every once in a while one of those tricks of the mind will catch our attention and for most people, it would be like "that was weird" at worst and they'd carry on with what they were doing. A HA sufferer grabs onto that with both hands! That's like an ice cream sundae for the dragon, and that's the case here IMO.

Positive thoughts
    This made me laugh, in my case large amounts of alcohol were involved, oh to be 17 again and think you know everything! My parents tried to stop me but no no, I was camping and that was the end of it. When I eventually have kids, i'll know what I put my parents through in my teens!

You're absolutely right though, when you think about it haven't events like this been happening since we were little? How many times as a child did you scream because you thought you saw monsters under your bed, or someone at the door. For years I maintained to my parents that there was a large man with an elvis hairdo standing in their doorway...it was a lamp with a jacket over it.

It's only when HA kicks in you start to obsess over it and think there's a problem, worrying about whether it's going to happen again.

------------

Another funny story just to lighten the mood, but it's also on topic.

My dad told me a story of when he was a child, he woke up to go to the toilet and screamed the place down because he said there was a viking in his bedroom. Turns out my grandfather came home from night shift and threw his coat over my dad's bike, the shape of the handlebars poking out from the jacket gave the illusion of a very short, very hunchbacked viking.

Pregabalin 300mg

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    BUT she said that if the visual disturbances keep happening then to go back to the doctor.
    "Come back if it gets worse" is doctor-speak for "goodbye".

Quote Originally Posted by Mindprison View Post

You're absolutely right though, when you think about it haven't events like this been happening since we were little? How many times as a child did you scream because you thought you saw monsters under your bed
    Was it Moz the Monster?

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    "Come back if it gets worse" is doctor-speak for "goodbye".
    Yes it is definitely just "goodbye". Unfortunately on here misinterpreting what doctors say, over-analysing their tone of voice and interpreting facial expressions (sometimes even micro-expressions - I've read posters saying, "I saw a flicker of concern cross his face"), and predicting behaviours that just don't happen is commonplace. I think that if you find that you're acting around medical professionals like you're a detective in a drama entirely of your own making it's time to get some help.

I agree with seeing something and thinking it’s sometbing else for a moment and then realizing it’s just a heap of clothes or a jacket hanging over a chair giving the illusion of something like a person. But I saw a milk bottle bottle move in a way it couldn’t of.
    I was standing in the kitchen this morning and the washing machine door was open, I stared at it and it looked like it was moving slightly, wobbling almost.
    Eurgh

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information