Thread: Petechiae type marks on arm when I wake up

Petechiae type marks on arm when I wake up

Hi all,

For the past week or so I've been waking up every other morning or so with red marks all over my hand and arm. After watching it my wife and I are pretty sure it's immediate cause is that I fall asleep on my arms in the middle of the night causing them to fall asleep, it seems that either this or the blood returning to the arm is causing some sort of petechiae-like (not raised, itchy, no blanching when pressed) bleeding under the skin. The marks go away after a day or so however I've never had this issue before to this extent when my limb falls asleep and after going to Google I'm pretty freaked out. I'm going to try to make a doctor's appointment and stay calm but I just wanted to post here and see if anyone has had anything like this? I'm 26 and taking Celexa and medication for hypertension, which I'm pretty sure is at least partially white coat hypertension but this is new and none of that is recent. Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated.

Re: Petechiae type marks on arm when I wake up

My arms are covered in petechiae and have been for a couple of years! Like you at first, I freaked out and feared the worst. Went to the doctors every day for a week concvinced it was skin or blood cancer! But it is just part of my complexion I guess! And mine dont go away, I have them all the time! So I really wouldnt worry

Re: Petechiae type marks on arm when I wake up

I remember when I first started to notice them... I googled it and of course I for freaked out thinking I had blood cancer or some sort of blood infection but nope.... I have gotten them for years, every time my blood pressure gets taken, I get lines of them on my upper arms where the blood pressure cuff was too.

Thread Information