Hey y'all!
I am sitting here in a mild panic because of a "visual disturbance". Such a generic term. I will try to describe what I am seeing. Partially because it will help me to get this out and partially because I am curious to see if anyone else has anything like this.
I was sitting in my living room and I looked up at the wall and I noticed that it all looked a bit like it was flickering. Now we have flourescent bulbs and they are very yellow and not very bright. Plus I had the ceiling fan on and that sometimes makes the light strobe a bit. So anyway I freaked out when I saw this. I got up and went into the other rooms to look around where there was no fan running and I can still see the flickering. It is like everything is sparkeling only instead of refracting bright light it is refracting darker light. Almost like when you rub your eyes too hard and you get that starburst effect only in reverse. I know, this is not making sense. I think I posted about this kind of thing once before but I have noticed it off and on for a while. Mostly when I go outside to walk when it is overcast. Almost like there is not enough light for me to see. Hmmm I wonder if that is a common denominater.
I also want to know if anyone else sees "sparkles" when you go from darkness to light, like when you turn on a light during the night. I do. I asked my hubby and he said that he did not. Now I am wondering if something is wrong with me. I am nearsighted and have astigmatisim (sp?) I also have optic migraines when I am extremely stressed and hormonal. But I have not had one in a long time. I had my eyes checked just this last summer when I got my new glasses and everthing checked out fine. I guess I let the scary thoughts run away from me. Things like "What if I have a brain tumor" "What if I am going blind" etc. etc. [Sigh...] And I was doing so well for such a long time. Oh well.......
I would realy appreceate any and all input. Thanks in advance.
God bless you and yours
Debbie