Thread: Collapsed lung?

Collapsed lung?

Hey guys,

I am terrified.

I have this weird feeling in my chest (as if I have trapped air) and im burping alot. This feeling radiates to my back (just below my right shoulder blade) and it kind of feels like a pulled muscle? I am taking pentoprazole as I had esophagitis (discovered through endoscopy) could this be related to acid reflux or something of that sort?

I just recently read about collapsed lungs and my symptoms fit that criteria.

Can someone help me rationalize this for me? I feel shortness of breath also, but nothing too severe.

Should I seek immediate medical help? I know collapsed lungs can be serious...

Thanks to whoerver can help me on this one!

Rey.

Re: Collapsed lung?

Hi Rey,

Seems like you're jumping between diagnoses a bit here, classic HA

I have personally experienced a similar feeling before and it turned out to be acid reflux and muscle spasms caused by my HA.

Do you find that you're also more 'gassy' than usual?

My personal opinion, I would try and step back from the situation, take a deep breath and monitor it for a few days to see if the situation changes.

I hope it begins to calm down for you

It sounds like acid reflux to me - but that's just based on my own experience of it. Your esophagitis diagnosis would make this likely as well.

The poster above is right in that this is classic HA. If you enter what will be a random selection of symptoms (because you aren't a doctor and don't know which symptoms are relevant or what they mean) into Google and search it is going to come up with conditions you likely don't have. You're then going to look at the list of symptoms for those conditions and start to make other perceived symptoms fit.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM1994 View Post
    Hi Rey,

Seems like you're jumping between diagnoses a bit here, classic HA

I have personally experienced a similar feeling before and it turned out to be acid reflux and muscle spasms caused by my HA.

Do you find that you're also more 'gassy' than usual?

My personal opinion, I would try and step back from the situation, take a deep breath and monitor it for a few days to see if the situation changes.

I hope it begins to calm down for you
    I am a bit more gassy, but this is like a burning sensation on my right side of my chest, inside, where the lung would be I suppose... kind of what you feel after doing a vigorous excercise and your lungs hurt. Plus my back also hurts a bit, but that could be muscular since im having a hard time with my new mattress...

Anyways I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Annaboodle View Post
    It sounds like acid reflux to me - but that's just based on my own experience of it. Your esophagitis diagnosis would make this likely as well.

The poster above is right in that this is classic HA. If you enter what will be a random selection of symptoms (because you aren't a doctor and don't know which symptoms are relevant or what they mean) into Google and search it is going to come up with conditions you likely don't have. You're then going to look at the list of symptoms for those conditions and start to make other perceived symptoms fit.
    Could be acid reflux, but would it be this bad even though im on pentoprazole which is already a strong PPI?

Its still bothering me today... im gonna give it another day and if nothing else i shall seek medical advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey1989 View Post
    Could be acid reflux, but would it be this bad even though im on pentoprazole which is already a strong PPI?

Its still bothering me today... im gonna give it another day and if nothing else i shall seek medical advice.
    I was just looking for a post from a couple of days ago where folk were discussing dosage of PPIs. Maybe try a search for reflux on here to find it? They were talking about how it can take a while to get the dosage right and some people are started at a higher dose to get their reflux under control before dropping. So yes, medical advice if it doesn't improve might be a good plan. Hope you feel better soon.

I know a couple of people who have had collapsed lungs. You wouldn’t be sitting there discussing it if you had one.

Thread Information