Thread: Lymphoma fear

Lymphoma fear

hiiiii,

went to the doctors today for a lump on my neck. This has been present for around 6 weeks. I was told it could be a lymph node or cyst and that we wouldn't know for sure unless it was cut out and tested. She said it was moveable and felt nearish to the surface so as long as i didn't have any other symptoms (night sweats difficulty swallowing etc) she wasn't overly concerned.

I however am. It has set off my health anxiety, my anxiety often leaves me feeling like I can't breathe. And now I'm associating that with difficulty swallowing and its making me panic that i do have these other symptoms I'm just blaming them on anxiety. For example, i was having daily headaches that have now passed but now I'm associating them with this. The other reason I'm concerned is that the lump kind of feels hard and quite large to me. My health anxiety is making me spiral.

Re: Lymphoma fear

Last night I woke up in the night an was wrenching and was super hot like when you have a bug and a temperature ... now I’m really scared because is this a night sweat?

Re: Lymphoma fear

Whilst your fear can cause night sweats, if that is what you had, Anxiety is by far the more likely culprit.

I remember a few years ago when I suffered particularly badly with HA and panic and my bed would be drenched every night.

How are you feeling today? Is your doctor aware of your Anxiety? I find it pretty poor that your doctor suggested symptoms to you that were absent.

Thread Information