Thread: Skipped beats after gym/exercise

Skipped beats after gym/exercise

Hey fellow members

I started an exercise regimen this year and told myself that I’ll go back to the gym and get in shape.

I have been doing cardio and weight training but noticed that after cardio I get a few skipped beats. I wanted to see what you all think about this and if any of you suffered the same. I can comfortably get my heart up to 160-170 and during exercise I get none or at least one if any. It’s mostly during the cool down period that I experience these.

I’ve had a magnitude of tests like ECG Echo MRI Stress Test etc and all was okay. They did mention few PVC and PAC during the stress test. I know that should tell me the answer but overall curious if any of you get the same.

Cheers

Re: Skipped beats after gym/exercise

Many people having premature beats tend to get them when starting and stopping exercise. I'm no exception. I've to start and stop exercise progressively.
    All my doctors (I've seen some) said mild exercise is good for my heart.

Just wanted to offer my insight. I used to get them after exercise and after the gym too! All the time! But mine have settled now and I hardly get any ever! So you’re not alone

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi_h View Post
    Just wanted to offer my insight. I used to get them after exercise and after the gym too! All the time! But mine have settled now and I hardly get any ever! So you’re not alone
    I know this is old, but Rossi_h, did your palps after exercise stop as you continued to get into better shape?

I'm getting them now after getting back to exercising (close to 10 years of not exercising). Hoping they will go away once I am in better shape.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll be honest. Since I have last posted this I do get them on exercise. It's hard to say if it is still bad or not but it seems it is hit and miss.

I get in these spurts of exercise and then stop. I can't say for certain say after a solid month of exercise that they go away.

Getting my heart up to about 155-160 seems to suppress them. I get them when starting to walk sometimes or in the middle of a walk I get a quick squeeze in my chest which I am assuming is a PVC.

I have had the multitude workup of tests, etc if you see my other posts too. All the doctors say benign and ignore. Nothing different there haha.

Thread Information