Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a health anxiety question not symptoms... So please can it remain here?

This is a health anxiety question not symptoms... So please can it remain here?

Sorry but I've tried to post in the health anxiety forum 3 times now and 3 times my post has been moved or closed... I'm struggling and would really appreciate help regarding my health anxiety so I feel it is more appropriate in this category. Also this is a new post and I put a lot of time and feelings into it so for it to be closed before I even get a chance to reply is not very fair at all. And to say I'm posting about a lot of different things frequently... I literally posted about 1 thing and then it got moved, so I reposted and it got moved again - so I reposted again and it got closed... I'm not posting again and again and this is my first time posting since last May. Whats the point in asking for help if you just get shut down continuously??

I've posted here a lot over the last 6 years mainly about my fear of MS. Well I finally saw a 2nd neurologist and had an MRI and thankfully it was clear! Hurray! (Just goes to show you can pretty much have a LOT of symptoms of a disease and not have the disease!)

I was doing great and symptom free since last May and then about 3 weeks ago I started getting dizziness, nausea and fatigue. Accompanied by to tingling and slight numbness in my pinky fingers and brain fog.

There is a huge amount of bugs going round at the moment so my logical brain says not to panic it's just a bug. (I had almost 4 weeks of dizziness, fatigue and nausea last September that went away too) and a few other people have told me they've got similar things.

But I have just enough weird feeling symptoms and it's lasting long enough for me to start panicking again and lo and behold the health anxiety cycle has began. I've started googling and Dr Google has now concluded I have lymes disease. Because it fits with my symptoms coming and going and I've had loads of tick bites living in Scotland. I've had the regular NHS test and it came back negative but obviously health anxiety brain combined with Google doesn't trust that.

My question is can a virus just be benign weird long lasting symptoms? Will I ever feel better again?
    Does it sound like lymes disease? Or post virus fatigue?? And how can I get out of this loop??

I just want my energy back and with an 18 month old to look after I am looking my sh*t about this.

Thank you if you have gotten this far! And thank you in advance for any replies! <3

Re: This is a health anxiety question not symptoms... So please can it remain here?

I've had loads of tick bites living in Scotland
    Are you sure you aren't getting ticks and midges mixed up? Ticks are the nasty ones that lurk in long grass and latch on to your legs if you're wearing shorts (they're flightless arachnids). Midges are the ones that are notorious in the Scottish summertime (they're flying insects).

I've started googling and Dr Google has now concluded I have lymes disease.
    "Dr Google" is a neutral search engine that goes where you tell it. You've decided you have Lyme's, not Google. I think you know the answer to this and you see the pattern already - you've put one fear to bed (well done on that - always good to get a definite all clear and accept it), but another's popped in.

I've had the regular NHS test and it came back negative
    Good enough for me

Apologies, I don't know your post history well so you may have already said, but are you doing anything about your health anxiety (meds, therapy, etc.)?

Re: This is a health anxiety question not symptoms... So please can it remain here?

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah definitely know the difference, I live in Scotland so I'm used to midges, haha awful little things, they ruin summer evenings! I've had a lot of ticks hiking and just generally being outdoors, they're super common here, everyone gets at least 1 after a hike!

Yeah I totally agree my health anxiety has latched onto another fear, propelled by not feeling well. I always fit my symptoms to something. It's exhausting. When I feel fine I can easily look back and realise I was being irrational but in the middle of a period of health anxiety I become so consumed and convinced I have something terrible.

I just keep waking up exhausted and feeling so unwell! If it was a cold I'd have no fear. So silly...

I go for walks, do yoga, try not to seek reassurance (failing) And try not to Google (Also failing)

But it's hard to see reason right now.

Thanks again I really appreciate your help.

I'm sure admin sees what others are seeing and that your other post was about the same symptoms. Regardless, you've been around long enough to know what's going on. Self imposed fuel for the dragon (Dr. Google) and subsequent ramp up of your anxiety leading to reassurance seeking. Axolotl's post is very relevant. What are you currently doing to treat your anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricAlice View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a bug/virus/flu that has lasted 3 weeks or more? But also only has the following symptoms:

Light headedness
    Waves of nausea
    Worse nausea after eating
    Extreme fatigue
    Muscle aches

I know something isn't right and it must be a bug but I'm starting to go down anxiety panic road because it's not going away. And it's not really coming to anything either! I find it hard to differentiate between anxiety and actually a virus because I know the symptoms are similar.

So if anyone has experienced this and gotten better let me know! Thank you
    And to throw you a bone.. Yes, I had a stomach virus that started over two weeks ago and I'm still feeling the effects with the same symptoms you described.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah definitely know the difference, I live in Scotland so I'm used to midges, haha awful little things, they ruin summer evenings! I've had a lot of ticks hiking and just generally being outdoors, they're super common here, everyone gets at least 1 after a hike!

Yeah I totally agree my health anxiety has latched onto another fear, propelled by not feeling well. I always fit my symptoms to something. It's exhausting. When I feel fine I can easily look back and realise I was being irrational but in the middle of a period of health anxiety I become so consumed and convinced I have something terrible.

I just keep waking up exhausted and feeling so unwell! If it was a cold I'd have no fear. So silly...

I go for walks, do yoga, try not to seek reassurance (failing) And try not to Google (Also failing)

Thanks again I really appreciate your help.
    Walking and yoga are helpful things to do but aren't treatment and aren't enough on their own to get you out of the cycle. You need to treat anxiety like you would any other illness and talk to a GP about it. That's how you'll eventually get the help that will allow you to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm sure admin sees what others are seeing and that your other post was about the same symptoms. Regardless, you've been around long enough to know what's going on. Self imposed fuel for the dragon (Dr. Google) and subsequent ramp up of your anxiety leading to reassurance seeking. Axolotl's post is very relevant. What are you currently doing to treat your anxiety?

And to throw you a bone.. Yes, I had a stomach virus that started over two weeks ago and I'm still feeling the effects with the same symptoms you described.

Positive thoughts
    I understand why it was moved, it just kind of put me on a low after spending so long typing a post and then 2 seconds later it was closed. I feel it's more related to health anxiety over symptoms and I didn't feel I would get the same level of support as I would here...

Anyway- Thank you for your reply - sorry to hear you've been unwell that sounds awful. I didn't have any vomiting or diarroah - I think that's why my brain is latching on to the vagueness and non descriptness of the symptoms, sometimes if you have a full blown cold or virus and it is obviously a virus it's easier not to worry because you know clearly what it is. Not saying yours sounds any less awful - in fact obviously it is more awful!! So I hope you feel better soon! Just trying to explain why I think I'm freaking out on this one...

I've been to my gp but they always just give me anti anxiety tablets and I'm not a fan of these and the waiting list for any therapy is 9 months (eek) so it's all about the self help right now.

I know what I have to do its just doing it (I suck)
    and I'm really really hoping I feel better soon and stop obsessing about lymes arghhhhhhh.

Thanks to you both again!

Changing the title example...

I understand why it was moved, it just kind of put me on a low after spending so long typing a post and then 2 seconds later it was closed.
    You can easily copy and paste it into your other thread and even change the title if needed. It just helps others and new comers see the history. And health anxiety is an obsession with the idea of having a serious but undiagnosed medical condition. The symptoms follow right along with it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I understand why it was moved, it just kind of put me on a low after spending so long typing a post and then 2 seconds later it was closed. I feel it's more related to health anxiety over symptoms and I didn't feel I would get the same level of support as I would here...
    Hey there, don't worry I suspect many people look at 'active topics' anyway as their way of seeing what is new....so matter where it was posted/moved many see it !

And try not to Google (Also failing)

You will not see reason until you stop googling and trying to diagnose yourself.

It will, not, happen.

And try not to Google (Also failing)

Then stop failing ! SAY to yourself, I AM NOT GOING TO, I WILL NOT, I will go do something else instead.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information