Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: still worried about tumor

Re: still worried about tumor

I know this, I just thought it was weird to smell it so obviously with window closed.

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

in bed now having panic waiting to smell it again

why is it when we're ready to slay the Dragon does out anxiery seem stronger. Today, after a big chat with my other half tonight, I smelt bacony heating smell on the train. I walked off, didn't smell, walked back and smelt it in same place so that insinuates real smell, right?

my boyfriend wasn't there so I couldn't seek reassurance and I'm not that bad to ask strangers, though I have been seriously tempted. Someone could've been eating bacon crisps or as established in past train heating now smells this way to me.

I so desperately want to beat this but niggle in my head still worries it's something morbid, though bother half had said he has smelt same things Ij have, it's the times he's not there and when he does say he smells them too I don't believe him.

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

had to get off bus three times the other day to confirm bonfire smell was real (it was) at three different parts of journey. Nobody else seemed phased by the smell so why am I? Nobody else sniffs about like a bloodhound. Today on train walking down the aisle to see if it followed me, it didn't, I had to pretend I was looking for something as I was getting weird looks. But I did this three times! The smell was jusy around where I was sat but faded further away I got.

I'm still not convinced they are real smells, ugh

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    The smell was jusy around where I was sat but faded further away I got.

I'm still not convinced they are real smells, ugh
    Hi Helen, I've read the thread from start to finish and on a number of occasions you've solved your concerns with logic. For example, the incidents on the train, where you noticed a smell in an area, which faded as you walked away tells you it's a real smell. A real smell, that other people could smell too, but probably acknowledged for a split second and moved on. It's likely, they do not have Health Anxiety issues, like you, me and other people on this forum.

A lot of people have given you some really good, sound advice, but you don't seem to want to take it on board. You're pregnant (congratulations ), so you've got an exciting time ahead. You're going to have physical and mental ups and downs, because you're body and mind will be working double time as your little one grows. You owe it to yourself and your baby, to find peace of mind with this smell issue, so you can focus on getting ready for the best day of your life.

As advised previously, speak to your midwife about it, and get an appointment with your GP. You can and will get passed this.

Best wishes.

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply.

I said i want to be able to smel something without my brain triggering the fear in me.

Exactly, so speak to your GP and see what options there are in the way of helping you.

The fact I walked away and resmelt in same area, even faintly, means real smell right?

ever awoke from a dream about a bonfire/other smell (my anxiety is seeping into my subconscious) and sort of smelt it on waking I was still dreaming about it as I woke?

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

Edited last post ��
    Last edited by helenhoo; 21-04-18 at 11:29.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information