Thread: Help with this! I have to google it!

Help with this! I have to google it!

For the last week or so I've had this pain/soreness/discomfort in my stomach area. Tonight I was poking around and I felt this little bump right at the base of my sternum! It hurts when I push on it! Isn’t that the general area of the heart! I’m really freaking out here. I’m terrified to go to the doctor! Is that little spot normal and I just discovered it now? It doesn’t protrude but I feel it when I apply pressure. Help. I’m really nervous. Mu heart is racing. I think its an anuerism!

Re: Help with this! I have to google it!

Hi sorry to be so obvious - don't poke it.
    I think it is a part of the rib cage - i found a little bump like this and the more you touch / push it the more fearful you will become - the discomfort is that you are pushing "the bump" into something else - such as making your stomach wobble, and that feels horrible. BUT if you are worried go to your doctor with a written description of your symptom that way you will not forget to tell them everything.
    good luck
    june

That little bump at the base of the ribs is definately supposed to be there and yes it does hurt if you keep on poking it.

How are you feeling now Gabes? I get gall bladder pain there. I don't feel a bump, but you could go see if your gall bladder is acting up. It is nothing to worry about, but can get sore.

Like The Others Said Ya Rib Cage Have You Lifted Anything Heavy Latly Or Slept Funny?? ...........could Just Be Sore From That...whn I Had Gallbladder Probs I Was In Seroius Pain And Nothing Ever Digested:( So I Got Mine Out...but It Sounds More Like Ya Ribs......dont Poke At It And See How It Goes For A Week ...the Maybe Have It Checked Im Sure Its Not Anything But Do Take Care...linda Xx

Thanks for all the support. Doc says its may be related to Hiatal Hernia but doesnt feel anything now (the pain has since stopped). He upped my acid meds and told me to eat light and exercise more. Thanx all!

Thread Information