Thread: Period pain after period ends?

Period pain after period ends?

Hi everyone.

My periods have been very painful just before I get them, more so than I'm used to. It's like I'm going into labour, it can be that intense and it's not pleasant! So dunno what's going on there, bleeds are a bit more heavy too.

Another thing I've noticed after the past few cycles I've had, this one included is that I get period pain after my cycle is completed.

What the hell is going on? I'm gonna phone docs in the morning about it and I'm terrified it could be something serious.

I'm 31, no family history of reproductive problems that I know of and I'm really confused why I'm getting cramps afterwords.

This month cycle started on the 5th, ended 13th. Today I'm in a lot of crampy pain and wondering why.

Anyone have this happening or had it checked out? What happened?

Re: Period pain after period ends?

It's going on 7am and been laying awake, bad period like pains. Didn't get a chance to talk to go last week hoping I will on Monday.

Anyone else experience this? It's definitely not ovulation, it kept on after my period finished and still going.

Morning x if your periods are lasting longer than usual it maybe the reason for the pains? I’ve started to keep a diary of symptoms and how I’m feeling, how long and heavy my periods are etc. I’m older than you 42, and my emotions can be awful building up to my period. They’re also much lighter and only last 3/4 days. I also keep getting leg aches so not sure it’s all related. Your gp will find it easier if you’ve kept a diary of symptoms. Are you taking analgesics? X

Thank you so much for responding! I'm not sure, for months now I've noticed changes but I just thought it was just part of being a woman, this month it's worse. Also getting all this brown watery discharge. I had it before and gp ruled out infection and didn't know why I was so mucusy (tmi sorry). I recently had an exam and pelvic ultrasound scan as my iud got lost (gp said she couldn't see it, too much mucus). Turns out it's still there and no one said anything else about anything so I don't think it's anything that would appear on a scan.

I'm worried about endometriosis or something like that. I don't think it's the iud as that's been in for about 4 years now, it increased the heaviness of my bleeds and pains but not ever anything like this.

Its bad enough having period pain before and during but to have it after is horrific.

Hi, sorry I’ve not got much advice, but I just wanted to say my cycle has been the same with crampin at the end and also the days after my period has ended. I found that this month my period was a lot lighter.

I have cervical ectropion(erosion) which was detected on my last normal smear test three years ago. I should be be due again soon! I am only nearly 25.

I would maybe suggest asking your gp to refer you to a gynaecologist, I tools me a few visits to manage to get mine a few years back however, I got out back under the care of my gp once I had my smear test.

Sorry I’m not much help, I didn’t want to read and run, just want you to know your not alone xx

If you’ve had a scan and ultrasound then all should be fine. Some could only last for 5 years and then the hormones start to wear off causing havoc! Are you sure it’s 4 yrs and not longer.

Thank you everyone for answering, even if you feel it doesn't help it does.

Emily it's good your all up to date with your smears! Even though they are unpleasant it's good to keep on too of it. I hope we can both figure out what's causin the pain!

Blonde it's the copper coil I have, I can't take hormonal contraceptives as two of my close family members had clots. It's supposed to be good for 10 years and non hormonal. I'm not thinking it's a cancer and I really hope it's not endometriosis, a friend of mine has it and it know scans can't pick it up, you need to have a laprascopy for it. Her experiences have put a fear of it for me but I know that the severity of hers is not too common, she's running out of options and it sounds terrible.

Update.

I went to the gp's today. Got a pap smear and swabs taken to test for infection. I'm to call I'm a week for results and even if things show up as negative I'm to make another appointment for further investigation.

Nervous but at least it's getting taken seriously seriously far.

Thread Information