Thread: Hi, just joined, anxiety/panic back

Hi, just joined, anxiety/panic back

I first had panic attacks 20 years ago, I went on medication that time and it helped and I came off them and was mostly ok for a while. About 4 years later it got bad again, I got more meds but after taking the first one it gave me a massive panic attack and I didn't take any more. I turned to acupuncture and chinese medicine which did help. I haven't been completely free over the last few years but they never really got as far as the full blown ones. But since the new year I have felt quite "down" and the anxiety and panic are back. Somedays I seem to be fine then others like yesterday and today are bad. What started it yesterday was when I got up from bed I felt a little lightheaded then wham the panic set in, eased as the day went on but I was anxious going to bed last night fearing feeling the same this morning, so been awake since 4 am scared to get out of bed! I did get up about 7 am and there was no light headedness, but the panic was there just waiting to get hold, i felt the wobbly weak leg thing going downstairs. I just want these feelings and constant worry of feeling panicky to go. Hope all this makes sense!

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Gayn and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi, just joined, anxiety/panic back

Hiyer Gayn,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having a recurrence of panic attacks, but I think the key is to remember that they can do you no harm. Panic attacks are self-limiting and whilst they feel horrible as your body released adrenaline, and the flight or fight response kicks in, accepting them instead of being scared of them will end them sooner.

I hope you find lots of help here, see you around.

Re: Hi, just joined, anxiety/panic back

Thank you Carys

Thread Information