Page 693 of 693 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693
Results 6,921 to 6,924 of 6924

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Well done poppy.
    I often ramble when I'm nervous.
    In an interview it's better than being silent and can come across as being bubbly, so don't worry about that.

Lencoboy, yes, it is a thing that some people are affected by headaches when there is a sudden change atmospherically, usually low pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Lencoboy, yes, it is a thing that some people are affected by headaches when there is a sudden change atmospherically, usually low pressure.
    What really gets on my wick is when certain people say that weather never used to affect people like that back in the olden days. Yeah right?

While it may not have always affected those know-it-alls personally in such bad ways, it doesn't mean that everybody else was never affected either.

More like people hadn't used to make a song and dance over such issues as much back in the 'olden days' and for better or worse, often suffered in silence.

Same for those who suffered from chronic stress and/or anxiety; they either kept schtum and carried on or were condescendingly told to 'pull themselves together', 'stop being wimps', etc.

Like it or not, rose-tinted specs don't always tell us the truth.

Well done Poppy, I'm sure you made a very good impression

Thanks Carnation and Fishman, it’s a funny situation because they already know me. So at least I’ve already made any impression I ever would have

Lenco, I was reading today about “Prairie Sickness” that was prevalent here in the US where I live, from back in the 1800s. It was partially due to the shock of isolation, but also actual illness due to the wind. I think people have rosy glasses on when/if they say air pressure or weather never caused illness in the past, but with climate change it’s possible it’s having more of a negative effect now too.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 693 of 693 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693

Thread Information