its now day 4 of coming off effexor..i know u r supposed to wean ureself off it but my doctor wanted me to cmoe off it in a week and then to start a new medication. i have decided to see how i feel for a few weeks before starting a new drug as have been virtually constantly on medication for 8 years. im now in day 4 and feeling really bizarre, very anxious, very panicky, every movement makes me have electric shocks in my head and up my arms, its almost like having severe static shocks in my brain. I feel absoloutly awful but really feel like i ahve to give my body a break from medication. i just wanted to know how long these side effects will last...another week??? two weeks???? i think i can cope with feelign like this for a couple more days but god it is so hard. feel like im going mad, am very scared and detatched feeling, have cried sporadically non stop for the last few days but while i feel absoloutly awful i dnt really feel depressed. just very scared and slightly mental!!! i just need to know how long this will last so that i can put all my energy inot gettign through it. any advice?/ i know im supposed to do it slowly but i just am so tired of going through the long term side effects becasue i ahve two small children and just want to feel free of medication ???? please help x