Hello there.

First time posting here. I was hoping for some advice on a situation between my partner and I which occurred recently. I've spoken to a friend and they have been very much on my side however I'm mindful that there may be another side to the story. My (ex)partner suffers from anxiety and has told me that her actions were because of this.

The other day my partner and I visited a friend for their birthday. I arrived late to find my partner three drinks in. I have no problem with this necessarily however she has mentioned that alcohol triggers her anxiety sometimes.

We both had a few drinks (I had three glasses of wine and she had three more) and we later arrived home. I asked why she seemed to be angry and she asked why I hadn't brought her food on the way home (she had previously said she didn't want anything) so I (rather immaturely) turned around without a word and walked home to my separate apartment.
On the way home a her car pulled up next to me and sounded the horn. When I didn't react, she drove past me and as I arrived home she was outside. I entered, shut my door and ignored her. At this point she began to bang on the windows and scream at me. 10-20 minutes later I called the police. I went out to inform her in the hopes she'd leave but she attempted to force her way in causing a neighbor to call the police and report that I'd been aggressive towards her. In the interest of honesty, I work with high need autistic children and have training in safe removal of people. I was able to move her from the premises and close the door.

She eventually drove home (drunk) and broke up with me over text saying that I'd abandoned her during a panic attack and she wasn't going to tolerate it anymore (there have been similar situations when I've refused to engage her in an emotionally heightened state).

So, in conclusion, does anyone have any similar experiences? experiences of anxiety that might explain her behavior? Most importantly, any criticisms of my behavior or suggestions for what I could have done better? I'm open to the possibility that I may be completely wrong.

Many thanks.