Thread: Hate feeling this way

Hate feeling this way

Hello all. New to the site.
    I have suffered with anxiety for a while now and it is just horrible. I, truly, believe that I suffer from Health Anxiety.
    Here is what I "think" is the basis of my problem. My grandfather passed away at 54 from heart. My father passed away at 71 from heart. I am 52 and it's like I've convinced myself that I am going to have a heart related issue at anytime.
    I live in constant anxiety and worry and it has greatly affected my life. In short, I have pretty much stopped living life.
    I never feel well. It starts shortly after I wake in the morning. The body shakes start and last 24/7. I have constant upper body soreness. My head continuously feels off (kind of a foggy, shaky feeling). I have digestive problems and I seem to always feel like I'm on that edge where I am short with people and feel like I could get angry very quickly.
    I deal with it terribly. I put in my 8 hours at the office, come home and sit in my recliner until I doze off around 9 pm. I have let this overwhelm me. I am constantly worried that something bad physically is going to happen to me. As I stated earlier.....it's like I have quit living life.
    I have had different tests performed (cardiac stress test, CT scan of brain, complete blood work up including in-depth thyroid panel, upper GI scope, colonoscopy, etc.) and nothing terrible has shown up. if that is the case, why am I ill every minute of the day?

Re: Hate feeling this way

Hello there and welcome to the forum.

I was reading your post and then got to the part where you had listed your tests that you've already had. I then felt reassured , as should you.

I know this answer is given a lot, however; I do think this is anxiety and you focusing and tuning in too much to your bodily sensations.

With the passing of a relative, you've become very aware of your own body and more focused, so, you'll notice more and think on it too much (like I do, and most of us here).

My advice is to seek help from a psychologist or CBT courses. The problem sounds mental, not physical. Rememebr that mental thoughts and emotion can manifest to produce physical sensations.

J

Re: Hate feeling this way

Hello & welcome.
    So sorry you’re having a rubbish time, but how great that your tests are good and that there isn’t anything physically wrong with you. The tough bit is that mentally you have a way to go...
    read through the articles & some of the excellent advice here. Hopefully these things will put you on the right path again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information