Thread: On holiday... any advice

On holiday... any advice

Hi,

I’m currently on holiday in the canaries and have been struggling. The airport and airplane I felt a little anxious creep in. But then last night, going out for tea I could barely eat because I felt like I was on the verge of a panic attack. Few wines later and I seemed to chill out. Then today went for a walk and I was panicking just walking in the heat. Sat outside in a bar and I kept having waves of panic come over me. Seems like any time I leave the hotel room I’m getting really worked up. It’s horrible and scary.

I’ve got propranolol and lorazepam with me... I’ve taken a propranolol and I think it’s helped a tiny bit, but I hate how my hands and feet begin to feel on the stuff. It’s like I’m aware they arnt getting as much blood.

If anyone has any quick tips or advice to try and make this week more bearable I’d rreally appreciate it!

Re: On holiday... any advice

Hi Dundeeguy,

Yes Propranol does make your hands numb and cold. I've just found that I have to live with this as I feel rubbish when I don't take it. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you.
    Try to make the most of your holiday, please don't let this awful disease (anxiety) spoil your life. Take deep breaths when you feel yourself feeling funny, just focus on something like a static nondescript object, breath again and try to feel 'grounded'. Don't let negative obtrusive thoughts about panic into your head. If you can convince yourself that you are ok and nothing is actually going to happen to you, then you are on the way to winning.
    All the best x

Thread Information