Thread: The past!!

The past!!

Can anyone explain to me why when i am talking or thinking about the past, it does not feel as though it has really happened. I don't mean the normal,' i can't beieve i did that, or went through all that, how did i cope with that', i mean that it does not seem to have happened at all. But i was talking to a neighbour and we were on about things that have happened in the past and i was telling her about something that happened to me nine years ago, and i nearly had to stop as i started to have a panic attack, for no reason. Why does this happen about something that happened so many years ago. My adrenaline was really gushing away. I managed to just take a deep breath, sat up and carried on with my story no matter what, i didn't want to look like a fool in front of her or anything. And after i had finished my story i began to calm back down again. I told my hubby what had happened later on and he said i know, i could feel your heart beat going through your neck, he had his arm around me at the time.
    Is this normal?
    Last edited by angiebaby; 12-07-15 at 19:02.

Re: The past!!

OMG OMG OMG >>yeah..I can't believe im 52.. im suppose to be 18.. oh yeah forgot im middle aged and hoping for old age..Sweetie i wake finding what i think to be a teenager and been married twice have five children none under 27 omg..omg .. im scared now..I should be dead already..three grandchildren and well lets see..worked since i was seven woke up and that was many years ago..and all the things inbetween that I especially dont want to remember yes i do..

All the wonderful things that happened I think lol.. I cant remember..the weird the odd and the unusual..but word of advice if its got to do with a relationship in the past dont share it with your husband..Dont think he would understand..

The things i found odd and interesting in the past my wife didnt understand at all about..so well let it ride you will soon past all that and one day you will be sitttin in a rocking chair rocking back and forth talking about what happened in grade school and wondering how you remember that when you cant even remember what you had for breakfast..

Its funny how our minds work but well they do..Yeah its pretty normal.kind of a deja vu thing..just wait till your my age and realize that you cant do things like carry out bags of 100 lbs sacks of feed or change a tire or whatever..things you used to do without thinking..So dont worry but remember what I told you ..dont share..think but dont share..can get you into trouble when you think its perfectly normal and want to chat about it..and something that happened that you are trying to understand..

Make sure its to someone that wont get angry or just type it out and then sometimes you competely understand it when you didnt think you would.Reading what you wrote i hope we are on the same page if not..never mind lol.. take care.. Michael

Quote Originally Posted by angiebaby View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why when i am talking or thinking about the past, it does not feel as though it has really happened. I don't mean the normal,' i can't beieve i did that, or went through all that, how did i cope with that', i mean that it does not seem to have happened at all. I still can't believe i have had three children!!
    But i was talking to a neighbour and we were on about things that have happened in the past and i was telling her about something that happened to me nine years ago, and i nearly had to stop as i started to have a panic attack, for no reason. Why does this happen about something that happened so many years ago. My adrenaline was really gushing away. I managed to just take a deep breath, sat up and carried on with my story no matter what, i didn't want to look like a fool in front of her or anything. And after i had finished my story i began to calm back down again. I told my hubby what had happened later on and he said i know, i could feel your heart beat going through your neck, he had his arm around me at the time.
    Is this normal?

Thankyou again, it is weird though isn't it to go through something this odd. Glad we are not alone though eh?xx

I Totally Agree With You Michael......ya Wake Up One Morning And Think Wait I Was Just 18 When Did My Kid Get To Be 22 On And On And On.........and Angie I Think Sometimes When We Talk With Others About Something That Happened Yrs Back We Stop And Think Oh No Why Am I Telling This Person So We Start To Feel Anxious....i Dunn O....lol.......thats How I Feel Anyways....wish Ya The Best......linda Xx

Thread Information