Thread: Going away this weekend

Going away this weekend

Hi

I've agreed to go away this weekend to the coast, my anxiety has been at low levels all week, we go this afternoon until Sunday.
    Why is my concious brain not speaking to my unconcious one, I keep telling myself its only a couple of hours away, we are staying in a private caravan etc.
    I have woken with the anxiety feeling in the pit of my stomach, trying to keep busy to distract myself. Doing the breathing and relaxing lessons on the forum CD,
    I am now on my second course of cipralex, (1 month) which helped quite a lot first time around and I wish I hadn't let my doctor talk me into coming off them to see how I was. The anxiety came back.
    I realise that this is a catch 22 situation I have to go and work through the anxiety, but I hate being anxious and avoiding situations has only made things worse.
    Any tips would be welcome.
    Thanks
    Mick

Re: Going away this weekend

Hi Mikey

I went away also last week to the coast in a private caravan and like you i was very anxious before i went worrying about all the what "ifs" etc, but believe me hun it will do you the world of good! i think the change of scenery from home helps the anxiety to go away, i know it did me. i remember the first day when i arrived i was so nervous my mind was all over the place but i just kept telling myself that its only thoughts in my head making me feel like this and the thoughts eventually disappeared.
    I had a fab week and i know you will too, you go have a great time and dont you let those thoughts get the better of you !!

You can tell us all about your success when you get home!

Have a great time

Love

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Re: Going away this weekend

Hi Andrea

Thanks for the words of support - the problem I have to tackle is other people, if I was going alone - no problem.
    As soon as other people (going with my two children and partner), then I think the anxiety is driven by the pressure in not letting them down.
    Its not as though they are putting pressure on me is the sub-concious pressure I put on myself - need to just go with the flow.

Mick

Thread Information