Thread: Pathology Report Microscopic Description Question

Pathology Report Microscopic Description Question

Hi,

I recently had an upper endoscopy (tube into esophagus and stomach to look for problems with acid reflux, etc.).

This was a follow-up to one that I had 3 years ago as I have chronic reflux issues apparently.

When I received the pathology report today for the biopsies taken, the microscopic description for the esophageal section describing the inflammation, esophagitis was 'WORD FOR WORD' VERBATIM EXACTLY WRITTEN THE SAME as the microscopic description from 3 years ago.

And it is a few sentences long and very detailed in its language used.

Is it possible that the the pathology is EXACTLY the same. How would a different pathologist know to use the exact same language VERBATIM.

Did they really do their job here and complete the pathology correctly or are their some type of templates / macro that they click on that just "pop" up the same verbiage for similar reflux conditions. ?

Any thoughts anyone has would be most appreciated !

Thanks!

Regards,

Rich Mansfield

Re: Pathology Report Microscopic Description Question

Whatever you were told after the procedure and whatever it says on the paperwork is all you need to know.

Anything else is just your anxious mind seeing issues where there aren't any.

I wouldn't give it another moment's thought unless you can genuinely say you're asking out of curiosity and not anxiety.

Re: Pathology Report Microscopic Description Question

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    Whatever you were told after the procedure and whatever it says on the paperwork is all you need to know.

Anything else is just your anxious mind seeing issues where there aren't any.

I wouldn't give it another moment's thought unless you can genuinely say you're asking out of curiosity and not anxiety.
    Thanks server error for the response. I am greatly relieved about the report. And very happy! I will sleep well tonight. After the procedure - I had some "suspicious areas" that I was told to that I would need to await the pathology report - which turned up negative for Barrett's

But curiously found it very odd that the microscopic description was exactly the same as a report from 2015. Is it just that they found reflux and no Barrett's and clicked on a template for a description. Is that normal systematic software systems reporting today to keep things streamlined for the overall population ?

Seriously, just curious. (maybe 1% anxious). But it seems a little weird to me that it wouldn't be a little bit different in appearance, etc.

Thanks again!

Thread Information