Thread: Diabetes

Diabetes

Started to get worried about some symptoms which I'm hoping aren't diabetes. Going to try to get an appointment with my doctor to arrange a test.

I've been suffering from headaches for months now. A lot just above / behind my left eye but they do move around. They're not splitting headaches but are a dull ache (could this be tension?) my neck and shoulders are tight which doesn't help and I'm going to see a physio to try to address this. Meanwhile the last couple of days I've had tingling / numbness in my fingers and arms which is worrying me. I'm tired all the time as well

The thing is I know most / all of these symptoms can also be anxiety / depression and I hope this is the cause and not diabetes that I'm worrying it might be. My mother died through complications from diabetes at 54.

As I said I'm going to go get checked out and sort health issues I definitely have (also have tinnitus now as well) but meanwhile anyone have this sort of combination of symptoms?

Fed up of feeling the way I do. Have struggled with anxiety and depression for so long it has had such an effect on my life and now I'm getting older it's taking a physical toll on me.

I just want to feel well in mind and body but I feel awful!

Re: Diabetes

Hi polar bear, as a diabetic type 2 and anxiety sufferer I can tell you that I have had those symptoms way before I was diagnosed diabetic ( I’d had blood tests so know I definitely wasn’t diabetic then ) anxiety can pretty much mimic any illness you are worried about, I had no symptoms of diabetes it was just a random check, don’t panic tho diabetics can manage themselves with diet and some medication also exorcise. I obviously don’t know what type you’re mum was and what type you’re worried about and also how well controlled you Mum’s was, medication has advanced and unfortunately people from a previous time were pretty much left to it, maybe go see the dr for a blood test to put your mind at rest.

Re: Diabetes

Thanks Sande. My mum developed type 2 and it seemed controlled for a long while and then there were problems. Yes as you say things have moved on so much since then in treatments.

Went to my gp and I'm going for a blood test on Thursday. Meanwhile I've been feeling awful. Feeling dizzy a lot more which is the worse bit.

Agree anxiety seems to be able to mimic any symptoms. I'm finding it hard not to worry which isn't helping. Have struggled for so long with anxiety. The link between mind and body is so strong isn't it.

Thanks for responding. Hope you're doing ok?

Mike

Thread Information