Thread: Having faith to help anxiety

Having faith to help anxiety

So today my sister made me go to her church with her I suffer with anxiety quite bad so I was anxious as to see what it was about and how it could help me t all with my anxiety but her church was amazing I’ve never been religious but sitting there and hearing them speak about different topics of life I suddenly felt calme as a person and today my intrusive thoughts have been next to none

All I’m saying is even if you don’t believe in religion some of the things they talk about and issues of today can really help with anxiety and also having something to believe does help because you know your not alone

Re: Having faith to help anxiety

Good on you!!

I was brought up in a Christian family as my Mum's a devoted Christian. The Church do many good things within communities for nothing and very little thanks. Not that they do it for thanks, they do it because they're good people. The Churches in my local area took the homeless in and fed them this winter, as they always do whilst the council does nowt!

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

You will always get support and help through the Church, if it helps then great! As you say during a Church service many things are talked about openly and freely.

Also, churches are really peaceful, solemn places. I find their atmosphere really calming.

It was so calming they do music with guitars and everything I feel so much more chilled and they are some of the nicest people I ever met

Thread Information