Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on misreading words and brain tumor anxiety

Update on misreading words and brain tumor anxiety

So recently I posted a thread about my anxiety of having a brain tumor, because I started to notice that I'm misreading words lately. Here's some of my conclusions about the whole thing:

• It all started when I actually started reading about the symptoms - so it might be placebo

• It happens mostly when I have the stress of misreading things in the back of my head - I focus too much on reading perfectly, and that's probably why I'm making mistakes

• About 2 days ago after SAYING stuff wrong, I automatically assumed that I surely have brain cancer, because even if my speech is failing me, then it's SURELY tumor, since then I noticed that my tongue slips more often, however when I had a gaming night yesterday and I wasn't focused on the anxiety, I communicated without any slurring or slipping tongue

• All the sites that list brain tumor symptoms are often written like that: "Parietal lobe: Difficulty speaking, problems with reading and writing", and that's what set me off from day one, but little did I know that they don't mean an occasional slip of tongue or misreading a single word, they mean full on being unable to speak/read/write fluently, I'll elaborate on that in the next point

• There's a condition called aphasia(inability to comprehend and formulate language because of damage to specific brain regions), but I figured that I'm not suffering from it, because when you search aphasia on youtube it looks totally cruel, and it's not what I have, but further in the wikipedia article you can notice that there's a condition called alexia, which is also caused by a tumor or a stroke, and alexia is basically acquired dyslexia, which is the reason of why I'm still having the anxiety

From what I gathered, acquired dyslexia is basically a dyslexia that happens due to a stroke or tumor. And now I'm worried that I have that acquired dyslexia. I couldn't gather much information about how often do dyslexiacs misread words, that's why I'm posting here. Does anyone know if occasional misreading of a word for a similar looking word (those instead of these, streaming instead of strumming etc) might mean acquired dyslexia? By occasional, I mean that in this whole post I would misread about 2-3 words. Thank you!

Re: Update on misreading words and brain tumor anxiety

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

What could be the reason for pulsing in head?

Today I've been at work from 8 to 15, then went shopping, and when I came home and walked into my room, it was really hot, because the windows were closed all the time. I went to open the window to ventilate the room a little bit, and suddenly my head started pulsating on both sides and I got dizzy. It cleared up after like 10 seconds. What could that be?

Re: What could be the reason for pulsing in head?

A head rush.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Do you mean "Orthostatic hypotension, a sudden drop in blood pressure and coordination when a person stands up too quickly"? I was standing all the time so it doesn't really apply here I suppose...

No, IMO, just a normal, run of the mill head rush. Heat, dehydration and a myriad of benign reasons.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Agreed with FMP. I have these head rushes daily from a combination of allergies, heat intolerance and the medication i'm on.

Totally benign. I also suffer astigmatism and retinal migraines which don't help. Harmless though so don't worry so much. Make sure you're keeping hydrated especially if it's warm.

Pregabalin 300mg

Thank you guys/gals! I didn't drink anything today, and I also have allergies and astigmatism. Hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mostu View Post
    I didn't drink anything today, and I also have allergies and astigmatism.
    Bingo!

Positive thoughts

Throat cancer possible in non smoking 22 years pod?

Hey. For the last three days I had a really mild flu. Since yesterday however, whenever I swallowed anything,food or even saliva, I felt like there's something stuck on the right side of my throat. It's still there after 24 hours and I'm getting concerned. May it be cancer? It's irritating whenever I swallow, and causes me to clear my throat and cough a lot. I never smoked and I don't drink much. Help?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information