Thread: Severe cramps but no period!

Severe cramps but no period!

Hello all,

I am currently 5 days past due for my period. My breasts feel tender, stomach is a little off and I’m cramping. These are normal PMS symptoms for me, except I usually only get them a max of 10 minutes before my period is due. It has been two days and I have been having severe cramps exactly like how I get them on the first day of my period; however there is zero blood or discharge. At first I thought maybe my period is coming but it has been two days of this horrible pain and no period in sight! I had an OC scare earlier this year but only a 2cm functional cyst was found on right ovary. The right sided ovary pain has now gone but I did start suffering from urinary frequency which freaked me out and now this :( The urinary frequency would never wake me up at night but during the day I would have this constant urge, sometimes I would forget about it so hopefully it was just anxiety!

Anyone have severe cramping before period? And no I am not pregnant and cannot be pregnant because my husband and I always use protection.

Re: Severe cramps but no period!

Hi,
    Have you had problems like this before?
    Also, protection doesn't always work, my mum was on the pill and they used condoms at times and my mum had 4 of us when she was on the pill.

Re: Severe cramps but no period!

Got my period, yay! Didn’t want to leave the thread unanswered in the case that someone else is going through the same thing. So I had 3 days of agonizing cramps and PMS. Which is uncharacteristic of me, I usually get light cramping just a few moments before period. So this was new. Hopefully just a one off thing

Thread Information