Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Re: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi TG well there seems to be some reassurance seeking going on here Lol so anything with a ? mark I will leave that for you to logically think that through ok Hey you cant easily get your temp up by one degree lol As said before 1 degree either side of normal body temp (and we are all )isn't going to make any difference to how you feel. Yeah may watch it my self, I see it's on BBC 1 tonight and though ok looks like coronation street will be on as normal (2 eps) no it's not on there is 2 hrs of Vera on what are ITV playing at?? Period Ahh ATB
    I was actually being rhetorical haha! But that's what I'm thinking (out loud/in typing of course).

Yeah I need to figure out what's going on with the temp, maybe I run cold anyway... I know I've never liked the cold too much, but don't usually feel this cold. I can usually tolerate anything 10c+ with just a jumper on, but now I need a full winter jacket.

If my thermometer is accurate, I need to get my temp up 1.5c, because 35.5 is too low. Last time I checked I got it to 36.3 though. The chills do seem to be coming less and less too, so that can only mean my temp isn't dropping as often/much I'm guessing.

Thinking about getting a good quality thermometer, but then I'll probably end up with some checking OCD, so might not be a good idea.

Corrie is on later here! So there are some benefits to the football being on at stupid o'clock for us. We're just about 1-2 week behind o Corrie though, so no spoilers please mate!

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    I was actually being rhetorical haha! But that's what I'm thinking (out loud/in typing of course).

Yeah I need to figure out what's going on with the temp, maybe I run cold anyway... I know I've never liked the cold too much, but don't usually feel this cold. I can usually tolerate anything 10c+ with just a jumper on, but now I need a full winter jacket.

If my thermometer is accurate, I need to get my temp up 1.5c, because 35.5 is too low. Last time I checked I got it to 36.3 though. The chills do seem to be coming less and less too, so that can only mean my temp isn't dropping as often/much I'm guessing.

Thinking about getting a good quality thermometer, but then I'll probably end up with some checking OCD, so might not be a good idea.

Corrie is on later here! So there are some benefits to the football being on at stupid o'clock for us. We're just about 1-2 week behind o Corrie though, so no spoilers please mate!
    Ha ha cool np at least your sprit is in order one less thing to worry about I can when the temp drops to about 8c then I bang on the layers lol cant afford to run the heating even for half a day, only have it on hr before I bed down lol. No it's not a good idea to get a new thermometer it could induce OCD checking so best not too. You get Corries in Canada no way lol whats that on tv or catch up think it will be tv I guess? Oh Iam tempted to share some spoilers on it You remember Pat Phelan Elleen's Grimshaw husband lol the story so far goes like this remember, oops Ha ha nearly ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Ha ha cool np at least your sprit is in order one less thing to worry about I can when the temp drops to about 8c then I bang on the layers lol cant afford to run the heating even for half a day, only have it on hr before I bed down lol. No it's not a good idea to get a new thermometer it could induce OCD checking so best not too. You get Corries in Canada no way lol whats that on tv or catch up think it will be tv I guess? Oh Iam tempted to share some spoilers on it You remember Pat Phelan Elleen's Grimshaw husband lol the story so far goes like this remember, oops Ha ha nearly ATB
    Yeah, back in a good mood today!

Oh wow that sucks! I can usually tolerate some cold if it isn't damp, but lately it seems to be anything below 20c and I feel too cold.

Spoke too soon about the chills too, had a few bouts since my last reply. I did manage to get my thermometer to read a 36.8c just after they passed though, so that's great! (Still checking it ).

Definitely right about the OCD, although I think a more accurate one might help it. Because if that says 37c for a few straight days I'll then forget about it (I hope lol).

I've seen the Pat bit! So not sure how far behind we actually are now, it used to be months! Just had the dumb drug bust story line with the girls at underworld, not sure when that was on over there?

Anyways, going to try another forum/health related posting break. I probably will stop by and read some stuff, but I'm avoiding anything to do with nodes and C word worries.

Little update...

Feel tired again today, but didn't sleep very well I don't think. So nothing to worry about there.

The painful swallowing is definitely my own doing and not some cancerous symptom. I seem to be clenching that side of my jaw for some reason. I managed to go a whole day without even noticing it.

I've not bothered looking in my throat, no point when I don't know what's what in there. It will only add to my anxiety if I see something odd.

Body temp seems to be okay again too, not felt the chills for a whole day I don't think. Even managed to stand outside in some coolish temps and not get them, so hopefully my body temp is back to normal.

But... I was craving some sugar yesterday for whatever reason, so decided to indulge. Seems this was a mistake! Had stomach ache afterwards. But in like the lower abdomen area which seemed odd. I also seem to have developed piles now too, not had them for a long time!

Node wise, they're all still the same, nothing growing or anything, so I think I just need to leave them alone and let them go down in their own time. Still bugged out by the amount of them I can feel, but if they're not growing then I'm worrying over nothing.

How are you doing Katie and Sabbine? if you're seeing this let me know!

So you’re getting better, that’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post

How are you doing Katie and Sabbine? if you're seeing this let me know!
    Hey Throatgoat!
    Sorry I’ve vanished I just don’t want to post too much, it’s your thread more than ours! Thank you for asking tho!

I’m really glad to read that you’re doing better sounds like that nasty thing is on its way out and you’re dealing with it quite well!!

I’ve still got the funny lymphnodes and the way they go up and down feels like is related to the post-nasal drip. My temp seems a little bit better but everything is on/off so I can’t really tell anymore lol Also still have sweats but I do think this is stress related as well cause I don’t sleep very well these days..

As far as body pains go, I still have them in my knees when I’m tired and also some funny ones down my chest? But I think that may be my bad posture.
    I feel like I should go and ask for a second opinion from another doctor but I said to myself I’d only do it if things get worse and I think they may he getting better (albeit really slowly)..Do you think I should go?

This thing is really getting me down some days, but at least I started therapy to work on the anxiety so that should help

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    So you’re getting better, that’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think so Scass!

Taken long enough, almost 3 months now. What ever it was, it wasn't much fun at all. Never been ill for so long.

Just a few niggling things left, hopefully they'll go soon.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbine17 View Post
    Hey Throatgoat!
    Sorry I’ve vanished I just don’t want to post too much, it’s your thread more than ours! Thank you for asking tho!
    No problem! Feel free to post in here if it helps, I don't think of it as my thread at all, especially not if someone is suffering from something similar.

I’m really glad to read that you’re doing better sounds like that nasty thing is on its way out and you’re dealing with it quite well!!
    Yeah getting there I think! Lots of symptoms gone, just the last few niggling worries.

I’ve still got the funny lymphnodes and the way they go up and down feels like is related to the post-nasal drip. My temp seems a little bit better but everything is on/off so I can’t really tell anymore lol Also still have sweats but I do think this is stress related as well cause I don’t sleep very well these days..
    Lymph nodes going up and down is exactly what my big groin one does! My doctor said that's probably a good sign, because that means it's likely fighting an infection.

I know that on/off thing too! My last few things seem to be doing exactly that, like the chills/low temp. I'm not getting that anywhere near as frequently, and some days not at all.

As far as body pains go, I still have them in my knees when I’m tired and also some funny ones down my chest? But I think that may be my bad posture.
    I still get knee pain sometimes too! I think it might be an anxiety symptom? Not sure on that, but that seems to come and go too.

I feel like I should go and ask for a second opinion from another doctor but I said to myself I’d only do it if things get worse and I think they may he getting better (albeit really slowly)..Do you think I should go?
    I know that feeling! I think I've seen enough doctors now though myself if you think it will help? I'd go for sure! I still have a few things I forgot to mention on my last visit that I'm kicking myself about, but not going to book another appointment yet personally. I'll do that if/when I think I need to.

This thing is really getting me down some days, but at least I started therapy to work on the anxiety so that should help
    How long is your's going on for now? I think it's the length of this thing that really got to me. I think I've been "sick" for 3 weeks before, but nothing this long and with so many symptoms everywhere (literally!).

That's what I think has kicked my anxiety off into high gear too, I'm naturally anxious, but not this bad! Glad you're getting therapy! I'm still waiting on a phone call for that myself, and the waiting doesn't really help .

Yeah I had a groin one too but there was a bug bite on my thigh so at least I knew where that came from! Does sound more like infection to me too. Oh the knee pain is an interesting one. My dad had his tonsils out when he was like 24 and apparently it was one of his symptoms woth the really bad tonsilitis, something about the lymphatic system not working properly and tonsils are a big part of it! But tonsilitis was all he had so I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.. the body does WEIRD things sometimes
    I do keep forgetting to mention things, like I also have hives which I presume is stress and histamine levels going funny.. but I worry about everything these days.
    I think I’ve had this whole thing for 4 months now, it’s insane! I know waiting is the worst, but naybe it’s meant to teach us patience or something
    I’ll update you when I’ve gone to the doctors anyway and do let us know how you do! Hopefully it will all be over soon

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbine17 View Post
    Yeah I had a groin one too but there was a bug bite on my thigh so at least I knew where that came from! Does sound more like infection to me too. Oh the knee pain is an interesting one. My dad had his tonsils out when he was like 24 and apparently it was one of his symptoms woth the really bad tonsilitis, something about the lymphatic system not working properly and tonsils are a big part of it! But tonsilitis was all he had so I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.. the body does WEIRD things sometimes
    I do keep forgetting to mention things, like I also have hives which I presume is stress and histamine levels going funny.. but I worry about everything these days.
    I think I’ve had this whole thing for 4 months now, it’s insane! I know waiting is the worst, but naybe it’s meant to teach us patience or something
    I’ll update you when I’ve gone to the doctors anyway and do let us know how you do! Hopefully it will all be over soon
    I've sadly not got a bug bite to put it down to lol, but it coming and going (to some extent anyway) is supposedly a good sign. It seems larger today for whatever reason, but could barely feel it yesterday.

The groin ones weren't there earlier in the virus/thingy either, because it started with my neck ones, but nearly all of them have gone down now.

Tonsillitis = knee pain? Well that would explain a lot! I still need my tonsils taken care of, but they're not really my main worry anymore funnily enough.

Hives? That doesn't sound too much fun! I had a slight rash on my hands that went after a while, it was kinda purple/scaly, but no real hives I don't think. I seemed to get super spotty earlier on too, probably because of all the sweating.

4 months? Damn! I though 3 was bad enough. It has certainly been testing my patience haha!

Yeah please do keep me updated! I'm trying not to post and browse as much too, but I'll get a notification on my phone and check it out ASAP.

I really hope we're at the end too! I feel like I am almost there, but the few niggles are stopping me from feeling 100% still.

TTYL!

Hey Throatgoat,
    Gone through all the pages, it is exactly same thing i felt 2.5yrs back. and still have

What is your age ? where are you from ?

Upto what i feel. thought of sharing with you.

This virus is chronic, first year is the worst year i had. Later the symptoms will reduce some will be chronic, unless you treat this with diet and herbals. There is no diagnosis and treatment exist. And don't believe the people who says it is HA. its something more than that.
    You are not alone, there is thousands of people sitting and trying to get diagnosis. search in web for "unknown free forums " you will get in the top.

Additionaly you are contagious and carrier of this virus, you will spread this with sweat, saliva etc.. careful.

regarding your throat issue. look for "laryngeal-sensory-neuropathy" this is caused due to swollen nerves through out the body. it will also cause IBS, fungus & Anxiety, you got to prepare.

I know this sounds awful, but that is the reality.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information