Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Re: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi TG well reading through your last post its very good, you listed 8 things that you no longer have so rationally you have nothing serious or life threatning Did the break from the forum help you!? Try harder for the next break away. Remember a change is as good as a rest my friend ATB
    Thank you BBUK! Yeah that's my new approach, hopefully I can stick with it.

I think I need to make the break(s) longer for sure, and remember if/when I do come to the forums not to look at anything relating to what I might be worrying about.

I came here to reply to Katie, thought I'd have a look around, and spotted a lymph node thread (my favorite subject as you know! ) clicked on the related threads and found that quote above.

Trying not to dwell on those little b*stards, will not be touching any of them for a week before giving them another check. They don't seem to be getting bigger though, even to my irrational side. Just that they flare up for whatever reason.

The number of them still bugs me too, but I've not got any fat left in that region, so I'm bound to be able to find a bunch aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    Thank you BBUK! Yeah that's my new approach, hopefully I can stick with it.

I think I need to make the break(s) longer for sure, and remember if/when I do come to the forums not to look at anything relating to what I might be worrying about.

I came here to reply to Katie, thought I'd have a look around, and spotted a lymph node thread (my favorite subject as you know! ) clicked on the related threads and found that quote above.

Trying not to dwell on those little b*stards, will not be touching any of them for a week before giving them another check. They don't seem to be getting bigger though, even to my irrational side. Just that they flare up for whatever reason.

The number of them still bugs me too, but I've not got any fat left in that region, so I'm bound to be able to find a bunch aren't I?
    That's my pleasure TG. You see a Lymph Node thread stay away lol as it will only add fuel to fire that you are meant to be putting out Yeah that's more manageable once a week then perhaps try increasing that to once a month and so on. And you have answered your own question you have no fat in that region so go figure what you said does make sense Keep on dousing that fire but add no more fuel to it. ATB

That's my pleasure TG. You see a Lymph Node thread stay away lol as it will only add fuel to fire that you are meant to be putting out Yeah that's more manageable once a week then perhaps try increasing that to once a month and so on. And you have answered your own question you have no fat in that region so go figure what you said does make sense Keep on dousing that fire but add no more fuel to it. ATB

That bold bit 100%! I wasn't worried about them until reading that.

Will definitely give the poor nodes a rest and see what happens. If they're still bugging me in a week, then I might see if I can get someone to check them out.

They're not growing, they're not immovable, and they're not exactly "big" either, so it's probably just my prodding causing the cycle to continue.

They weren't there earlier in the virus either, which makes me think it's my system just trying to get rid of something or whatever.

Will update if there are any more changes, hopefully only more positive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post

That bold bit 100%! I wasn't worried about them until reading that.

Will definitely give the poor nodes a rest and see what happens. If they're still bugging me in a week, then I might see if I can get someone to check them out.

They're not growing, they're not immovable, and they're not exactly "big" either, so it's probably just my prodding causing the cycle to continue.

They weren't there earlier in the virus either, which makes me think it's my system just trying to get rid of something or whatever.

Will update if there are any more changes, hopefully only more positive ones.
    Personally I wouldn't even get your nodes checked, why? Cause 2 things which you said a few posts back. 1. They are movable (which is good) 2. They aren't big and are still the same size a while back logically there's no need to get them checked but If you do then be prepared for the Told Ya So Gang to party once again ATB

Personally I wouldn't even get your nodes checked, why? Cause 2 things which you said a few posts back. 1. They are movable (which is good) 2. They aren't big and are still the same size a while back logically there's no need to get them checked but If you do then be prepared for the Told Ya So Gang to party once again ATB
    That's the thing, logically they're not to be concerned about. But I'm currently in an illogical state about them.

Seriously, I'll keep any eye on them and see what happens. I doubt they'll change or anything though.

TYSG parties! I love those.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

One thing I do want to vent about quickly before taking another break (until at least Monday) is this throat pain thingy.

At first I thought it was internal, like my right tonsil was the source of the problem. But it doesn't seem that is the case. It's like muscular/skeletal or whatever.

It also only seems to happen with swallowing saliva. It was also one of the first problem areas early-virus, because it kept clicking when I was swallowing.

Maybe this feeling is just there because I'm favoring that side of my jaw or something, or it could be some left over pain/strain from my dentist visit the other week.

What ever it is, the fact it's only happening with saliva swallowing, and I can swallow big gulps of drink, and a large mouthful of food without any pain, makes me think this is totally benign too.

Probably just an anxiety or a "TMJ" symptom.

There, no fretting, and no mention of the c word.

Hi TG I see you haven't managed to give the forum a longer break and looking at a similar thread to yours! Did you click on FMP's link in that thread about it being a known anxiety symptom (Globus) So again I must emphasise to your these are HA symptoms and the HA needs to be treated ATB

Some will. Some won't......

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi TG I see you haven't managed to give the forum a longer break and looking at a similar thread to yours! Did you click on FMP's link in that thread about it being a known anxiety symptom (Globus) So again I must emphasise to your these are HA symptoms and the HA needs to be treated ATB
    I was just checking to see if there was any replies, and looked at a couple posts. No big deal.

I'm trying not to post and/or document every symptom.

I've not got globus btw, there's nothing stuck in my throat, never has been.

ThroatGoat from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ssssmufc View Post
    I was just checking to see if there was any replies, and looked at a couple posts. No big deal.

I'm trying not to post and/or document every symptom.

I've not got globus btw, there's nothing stuck in my throat, never has been.

Your not TG this post was for him lol ATB

Your not TG this post was for him lol ATB
    Haha!

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Some will. Some won't......

Positive thoughts
    Just trying not to document FMP I will probably check some posts out though, avoiding topics I'm worrying about.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information