Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Re: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    My main concern today isn't my throat at all, but my bowels. Seem to have felt the need to go for about 4 hours and haven't been able to yet. Probably just another anxiety symptom.
    Hi TG You are right it probably is another anxiety symptom come to haunt you! Anxiety is such a beast you never know what it's going to throw up next, so don't even dwell on it must be my bowels Cause the famous gang with here to tell you so Keep being positive mate ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi TG You are right it probably is another anxiety symptom come to haunt you! Anxiety is such a beast you never know what it's going to throw up next, so don't even dwell on it must be my bowels Cause the famous gang with here to tell you so Keep being positive mate ATB
    Yep! I think it is at least, so maybe I'm making progress.

It sucks, I'd still like to know what the hell kicked this all off though, you know? Like what caused the 39c fever, and all the body aches and pains etc. Really annoying!

I'll see how I get on anyway, going to try going back to my somewhat "normal" diet again and see if things don't "loosen up". (TMI !)

I thought it was my short stint of anxiety meds that caused it, but I've not taken them for a couple weeks now, so it can't be.

I'm "this close" to joining the gang , just want this symptom resolved now I think.

A virus caused the symptoms.

And yes, good idea to try and eat more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another possible cause is too much Vitamin D without Magnesium apparently.

Since I've upped my dosage from 1000ui to 3000ui after the "bug" that might be doing it I guess. I will look to see if any of my other supplements could be causing the issue too, because it's bound to be something non-sinister.

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    A virus caused the symptoms.

And yes, good idea to try and eat more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply Scass! That's only thing I can think of too, but I thought my WBC would have been higher if that was the case? Apparently it was normal.

Just one of those lingering doubts. Need to forget about it and move on.

Was googling for some reassurance (things like "virus lasting 2 months") and came across this: https://chronicsorethroat.wordpress.com/

It's shocking how many of those symptoms I've been experiencing over the past 2 months. I doubt I've had that exact virus, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Today's symptoms seem to be: phlegm (again!), feeling cold, still no bowel movement, and some general tiredness (was up early). The darkness in my eyes is still freaking out too.

Not feeling too bad in general though, but not really improving either. At least I don't seem to be getting worse either though!

Was googling for some reassurance (things like "virus lasting 2 months") and came across this: https://chronicsorethroat.wordpress.com/

It's shocking how many of those symptoms I've been experiencing over the past 2 months. I doubt I've had that exact virus, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Today's symptoms seem to be: phlegm (again!), feeling cold, still no bowel movement, and some general tiredness (was up early). The darkness in my eyes is still freaking out too.

Not feeling too bad in general though, but not really improving either. At least I don't seem to be getting worse either though!
    Opps you know that's not a good thing to do mate, The Told ya so gang will say no to dr google so say no more googling It does sound very much a virus (which isn't life threatning) isn't going away I would normally say ride it out. the only reason why I am suggesting go to your dr's is to get the correct treatment to clear it up. The actual virus could also be causing you to feel cold when it's not follow? You will get there I promise ATB

Opps you know that's not a good thing to do mate, The Told ya so gang will say no to dr google so say no more googling It does sound very much a virus (which isn't life threatning) isn't going away I would normally say ride it out. the only reason why I am suggesting go to your dr's is to get the correct treatment to clear it up. The actual virus could also be causing you to feel cold when it's not follow? You will get there I promise ATB
    I know it's not usually a good idea to google, but in this case it was quite reassuring. I'm not the only one that has had some long lingering weird/unidentified virus, just like Sabbine mentioned previously.

Yeah I might have to go see the Dr again, just for a follow up and to see what they suggest. I'll try making an appt later and see if I can get in.

I'm certainly better than I was, and the support of you, FMP, Sabbine, and all the others has been a great help! Thank you all.

Just need to get over these last few lingering symptoms!

P.S. I've also discovered a local stop smoking clinic, so going to give them a call too and arrange a meeting there. Time to knock that habit on the head no matter what.

I know it's not usually a good idea to google, but in this case it was quite reassuring. I'm not the only one that has had some long lingering weird/unidentified virus, just like Sabbine mentioned previously.

Yeah I might have to go see the Dr again, just for a follow up and to see what they suggest. I'll try making an appt later and see if I can get in.

I'm certainly better than I was, and the support of you, FMP, Sabbine, and all the others has been a great help! Thank you all.

Just need to get over these last few lingering symptoms!

P.S. I've also discovered a local stop smoking clinic, so going to give them a call too and arrange a meeting there. Time to knock that habit on the head no matter what.
    Normally it's not mate, it's helped this time but that doesn't mean it's going to be good next time! I would go back to your dr's even if it's just a different course of treatment needed, Yeah and that's something you must hang on to all part of the NMP service (make cheques payable to me lol) and it's our pleasure too. and yeah you will get over these last few niggling symptoms that's for sure ATVB TG

Normally it's not mate, it's helped this time but that doesn't mean it's going to be good next time! I would go back to your dr's even if it's just a different course of treatment needed, Yeah and that's something you must hang on to all part of the NMP service (make cheques payable to me lol) and it's our pleasure too. and yeah you will get over these last few niggling symptoms that's for sure ATVB TG
    I know lol! I've been trying not to google symptoms at all, just anything re-assuring. Like "tiredness caused by anxiety" or whatever.

It's the virus/bug thing that kicked the anxiety off I'm sure, because at one point it felt like my adrenals were being attacked (Upper-mid back pain area). Not sure if I mentioned that before or not.

Anyway... I'll phone the doctors soon, trying to pluck up the courage. Usually takes a few attempts to get through.

Cheque is in the mail, and thanks again! Really appreciate it.

I know lol! I've been trying not to google symptoms at all, just anything re-assuring. Like "tiredness caused by anxiety" or whatever.

It's the virus/bug thing that kicked the anxiety off I'm sure, because at one point it felt like my adrenals were being attacked (Upper-mid back pain area). Not sure if I mentioned that before or not.

Anyway... I'll phone the doctors soon, trying to pluck up the courage. Usually takes a few attempts to get through.

Cheque is in the mail, and thanks again! Really appreciate it.
    Hey absolutely it's bound to have kicked off your HA, Yeah phone the dr there is nothing to worry about mate, thanks will look out for the cheque I am routing for you ATB

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information