Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hmm..😕

Hmm..😕

Didn't get chance to do my weigh in yesterday but I've done it today & I'm feeling a little deflated, I only lost 4lbs this week 😔(3Weeks-1Stone4lbTotal) Better than a gain, I guess but eurgh.. still a little walrus lol.

Anyone else on a weight loss journey?
    If so, what is your reasoning?

My reason is because I always fear that I'm going to die from being over weight and it holds me back from doing certain things, plus when my baby comes along I don't want to always be panicking about those things. Nor do I want to be the 'fat mumma' 😕

Re: Hmm..😕

4lbs in a week is amazing! Well done! Your diet is obviously working really well. Which one are you doing? Are you pregnant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4lbs a week is a LOT, dont they say that 2 lbs is a good amount ?

You aren't dieting whilst pregnant are you - if so I hope your midwife or doctor are monitoring ?

Yes, they do say that 2lb is a good loss a week but in my first week I lost 10lb..my last 2 weeks has only been 4 each. I'm just counting my calorie, carb & sugar intake..using an app to calculate. I usually try and stay under 1000 calories, around 100g carbs & 30g sugar intake.. Then I've just been going exercising.🙂
    Attached Images Attached Images

So are you pregnant?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

You've lost 18 lbs in 3 weeks ? That's surely rather quick.

...and as asked above....are you pregnant?

Sometimes if you have a lot to lose, you can lose more at the start and then slow down. It’s not uncommon on slimming world (for example) to be losing over 2lbs a week. But 1-2lbs are recommended.

Would be interested to hear your answer re the pregnancy question! It’s not usually advised to diet when pregnant unless under GP’s orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies. I really should of worded that differently lol.

No, I'm not pregnant as of yet.. I lost two babies one five years ago and one at the beginning of this year (obviously the time wasn't right) but I meant it as in, I want to be able to get myself to a healthier place before I have a baby.

I also have pcos so I really need to do it as it makes things more difficult.

Yes, I've lost a total of 18lbs in three weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ah phew, was a bit concerned about that potential pregnancy issue. Well, its very positive that you are taking ownership of your own health, so well done you, but be careful not to go too fast.

The big loss at the beginning of any dieting campaign often comes from the body using up glycogen stores in the muscles. These are temporary stores of glucose bound up in lots of water molecules (hence known as "water weight"). Glycogen breaks down quickly and is a ready store of energy. It is not fat. Only once the glycogen is gone will the body then start burning fat

The breakdown products - carbon dioxide and water - are quickly eliminated via the lungs and kidneys. Unfortunately, if at any time dieting is stopped, the glycogen stores are quickly replenished and the water weight goes back on.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information