Thread: Scared mysels silly

Scared mysels silly

Hi Well my husband emailed me this site last week as I have started to have one my horrible anxiety episodes. Right now I am obsessed with HIV. I can't get it out of my mind. I have convinced myself that I have ruined my life, my hubands life and well it is just horrible. I have been married for 2 years and have been with my husband for almost 5 years. Before him I had unprotected sex with a couple of partners. I feel so horrible about it. It was so stupied.
    well my husband tested negative for hiv 2 years after we were together and well I guess that should reassure me somewhat. But I read about that not meaning I might still have it. the internet can be such a blessing and a course. I am currently taking a lot of medication to help me calm down. I did get a hiv test done and am so worried about the results. any advice would be most welcome.
    molllygirl

Re: Scared mysels silly

hey,

im sure that after 2 years with him if you did have something he would have picked it up and it would have come up in the test he took. i've had a fair bit of experience with HIV (I used to work on a hospital ward that cared for people who were sick with this illness) and also worried about having it too. You probably read that its harder for men to get it off women than vice versa... but honestly, after 2 years in a relationship i would be extremely surprised if he hadn't got it (if you had had it).
    its good you're getting yourself tested, just to be completely certain, but i reckon you are extremely unlikely to have it.

take care

jessxxx

Re: Scared mysels silly

Thanks for getting back to me. That does make me feel better. I just want to know for sure. Everyday is so hard right now because I am so anxious. But I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
    mollygirl

Thread Information