Thread: Super sensitive to meds? Low doses more effective?

Super sensitive to meds? Low doses more effective?

I have not find any med out there during ny years of trial. I seem to be very sensitive and can never get up to normal dosage. Could it be low dosage work for me?

Reactions:

1. Lamictal taken half a tablet (12,5 mg) every other day (!) lifted my depression once but it became too stimulating so I had to quit. Lamictal taken every day = worse depression and side effects.

2. Zoloft and Luvox gave me an subtle effect after about a week but after that it made me more and more depressed instead of the other way around. Dosage building up maybe?

3. 100 mg Gabapentin was like a amphetamine on me (most ppl take 600 - 3600 mg).

Should I maybe try a SSRI but every other day? Maybe my metabolism is different? I have OCD and GAD so my main problem is being unable to relax and not being tired/low so all stimulating meds makes me worse.

Re: Super sensitive to meds? Low doses more effective?

Hi ya

How about mirtazapine or a tricyclic antidepressant - they tend to be less stimulating and more sedating - but they cause weight gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    Hi ya

How about mirtazapine or a tricyclic antidepressant - they tend to be less stimulating and more sedating - but they cause weight gain.

Yes I tried Amytryptilin (did I spell it right? Lol) but I have an earlier bulimia disorder in control. Weight gain would set it off again.

I have the same problem Leodore. They all cause me to gain weight and now i'm depressed over that. I too can not tolerate a normal dose. Right now i'm taking Trintellix at 2.5MG, eventually need to work up to 10MG. Maybe our bodies just need a small amount. I am going to stay at 2.5 for a week and then move up to 5MG.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadore View Post
    Yes I tried Amytryptilin (did I spell it right? Lol) but I have an earlier bulimia disorder in control. Weight gain would set it off again.

Couldn’t you take amitryipline and offset it with vyananse which helps eating disorders? X

Thread Information