I have been experiencing persistent headaches for around a month and I have been to see my doctor twice. He examined me and questioned me regarding the symptoms and seemed confident that it was nothing serious. A few weeks ago I had my eyesight tested to make sure that wasn’t responsible and it wasn’t. Friday last I had blood tests at the hospital and my doctor rang me to tell me that I had a non-serious sinus infection and prescribed me antibiotics. I have all but finished the antibiotics but the headaches remain. I am beginning to get quite concerned that I may have a brain tumour. Two of the questions my doctor asked me originally were whether the headaches were at their worst in the morning, getting better as the day went on and secondly whether I had any neck pain/ache. At the time I said no but it seems to be the case now in both instances.

I’ve just started to get over the worst prolonged episode of panic/anxiety that I have ever experienced and I can feel the anxiety building again. Am I overreacting?