Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brain eating amoeba from neti pot

Unhappy Brain eating amoeba from neti pot

Hi all,

I’m a 23 year old female living in Philly. On Monday I used my neti pot with tap water and no salt without thinking. It hurt really bad (duh) and then I googled it and found out about the brain eating amoeba. I’ve used it before with tap water + saline but never just tap water... I was out of saline and for some reason thought I could just put water up my nose like an idiot. I now know you aren’t supposed to do that OR use tap water... Anyway I have EXTREME anxiety disorder issues and I cannot let go of this. I worry about health problems a lot but this one just seems like the absolute worst and most real for some reason. I’m freaking the **** out. It’s now day 5 - I feel a weird tingling between my eyebrows and go in and out of nauseousness. Sometimes my temples ache too. I check to see if my neck is stiff by moving it forward and backward like every five minutes so I’m sure that’s creating some tension in my head. I’m SO terrified of the brain eating amoeba and I literally cannot stop thinking about it. I know the chances are low but I just feel literally sick with anxiety and I’m so scared I’m about to die. Oh, also now the bottom of my tongue is irritated and slightly swollen and it’s just adding to my fears. My chest also feels heavy and hurts. I feel like I’m losing it.
    Last edited by anxietyisreal; 20-05-18 at 05:37.

Re: Brain eating amoeba neti pot

What help have you had/are you having for your severe anxiety disorder?

Quote Originally Posted by anxietyisreal View Post
    Hi all,

I’m a 23 year old female living in Philly. On Monday I used my neti pot with tap water and no salt without thinking. It hurt really bad (duh) and then I googled it and found out about the brain eating amoeba. I’ve used it before with tap water + saline but never just tap water... I was out of saline and for some reason thought I could just put water up my nose like an idiot. I now know you aren’t supposed to do that OR use tap water... Anyway I have EXTREME anxiety disorder issues and I cannot let go of this. I worry about health problems a lot but this one just seems like the absolute worst and most real for some reason. I’m freaking the **** out. It’s now day 5 - I feel a weird tingling between my eyebrows and go in and out of nauseousness. Sometimes my temples ache too. I check to see if my neck is stiff by moving it forward and backward like every five minutes so I’m sure that’s creating some tension in my head. I’m SO terrified of the brain eating amoeba and I literally cannot stop thinking about it. I know the chances are low but I just feel literally sick with anxiety and I’m so scared I’m about to die. Oh, also now the bottom of my tongue is irritated and slightly swollen and it’s just adding to my fears. My chest also feels heavy and hurts. I feel like I’m losing it.
    Even with anxiety, your common sense should tell you that this is utter nonsense. You're mind is creating a fantasy that doesn't exist!

I second what ServerError asks you.

Yes totally agree with the others If you have severe HA issues it's time to get help A.S.A.P A lot of this extra anxiety is coming from dr Google so try and stop or cut back on these fruitless and pointless searches ATB

I lived in Philly. You can smell the chlorine in the water from the other room when you turn on the tap! No way, no how!

I agree with the previous posts as well.

Positive thoughts

PS... GO IGGLES!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Brain eating amoeba from neti pot

With Chlorine present there is no risk atall it's '0' Nil Zero what ever you want to call it lol. You have extreme HA which needs to be addressed ATB

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

What did I just read? Do yourself a huge favour and stop Googling. I don't mean this rude, honestly. But you have to stop. Anxiety is like a nail biting habit. While you have the habit you think it's impossible to live without the habit, but once you learn you can you stop doing it and completely forget about it. I am a victim of anxiety too and I know your struggle. There is a point when you have to look at your anxiety and say "I need help".

<3

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    What did I just read? Do yourself a huge favour and stop Googling. I don't mean this rude, honestly. But you have to stop. Anxiety is like a nail biting habit. While you have the habit you think it's impossible to live without the habit, but once you learn you can you stop doing it and completely forget about it. I am a victim of anxiety too and I know your struggle. There is a point when you have to look at your anxiety and say "I need help".

<3
    So true WIC so true ATB

Thanks everyone. Your replies are so helpful but even so I start to hamster wheel again... regardless, I’m relieved to be able to come on here for some comfort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information