Thread: Fear of male yeast infection progressing to invasive candidiasis

Fear of male yeast infection progressing to invasive candidiasis

I've been suffering from a yeast/candidiasis infection around the head of my penis and foreskin for a few months now. I saw a doctor about a month ago and they prescribed me some anti-fungal cream, which has improved my symptoms but has still not cleared it up completely after 4 weeks of use.

On top of that, I've noticed that the head of my penis has been getting bruised after activity, often in the same or a very similar place each time. A few days ago I developed what appears to be a hematoma (the purple patch shifted around when pressure was put on it). Just this morning I was using the bathroom when it started bleeding. It was only a very small amount (like a pin-prick) and it stopped quite fast, but now it has me worrying...

I've read about invasive candidiasis, where candida can get into the bloodstream and become a much more serious infection. I'm worried that bleeding in the area of my candidiasis infection had given it the opportunity to spread. A lot of what I've read about it suggests it's only something that's dangerous to those with weakened immune systems, or it would need to be transferred via intravenous medical equipment, but to me it still seems quite vague. Since it hasn't been exclusively ruled out to me that someone with a regular immune system could contract invasive candidiasis through this method, I'm still very worried.

I've already booked an appointment where I'm going to discuss all this with my doctor, but I still want to have some more information so I can prepare for the worst or put my mind at ease...

Re: Fear of male yeast infection progressing to invasive candidiasis

An update: I spoke to my doctor and they gave me a stronger ointment for the infection. I asked them about the possibility of invasive candidiasis and they told me that it was only a danger to those with heavily compromised immune systems.

While that makes me feel a bit better about it, but I've still got that nagging worry in the back of my head. I know I should just listen to my doctor, but I'd still like some more re-assurance if anyone else knowledgeable on the topic can give it...

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

can't say about your particular problem but I had yeast problem too and I was using Canesten cream at first and it didn't work. Then after, dermatologist gave me Nizoral, three times a day for 2 weeks and it disappear.

But it seems I still have the tips of my penis red and swollen after friction (you know what I mean) like it's stayed sensitive. It disappear every time in a couple of hours after.

we all have problems with our willy sometimes in our life
    It's a sensitive area.

If it doesn't go away, a dermatologist might be better at that !

Thread Information